Thinking about stopping jenny craig...

Options
2»

Replies

• jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ditch all those expensive "programs" and follow the MFP program. Do research on nutrition, make sure you are eating enough, track everything and exercise with weights and cardio. It really is that simple. I don't think anyone needs Jenny Craig or WW or whatever else....

AGREED!!!! I have lost 16 pounds on my own.....No extra cost
  • Stoonloveskeith
    Stoonloveskeith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I say ditch the Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers and try eating nutritious foods and use MFP. I was in the same boat as you, tried every Weight Loss company out there and it drove me insane!! It has taken a while but I did my research on exercise nutrition and so far so good, 14 lbs down since Xmas. If you are looking for support, please feel free to add me, I will support and motivate you as much as I can. You can do this!!!
  • cupidval
    cupidval Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ditch all those expensive "programs" and follow the MFP program. Do research on nutrition, make sure you are eating enough, track everything and exercise with weights and cardio. It really is that simple. I don't think anyone needs Jenny Craig or WW or whatever else....

All I did was to follow MFP program (track calories), pickup some nutrition book from library and burn calories at the gym, running, walking and cycling!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

This.

Think of all the cool stuff you can do with all the money you'll save! :)
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters above that suggested using MFP for a while. There are lots of great "challenges" on MFP where you can join a bunch of others with similar goals as you and check in daily, have like-minded people to chat with about your struggles and triumphs, and it helps to hold yourself accountable knowing you have to report your numbers at weigh-ins. That may be helpful if you're craving the support system or community feeling. Put your mind to it, You can do it! :)
  • maglodee
    maglodee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did Jenny Craig a few years ago, and I was successful for the first few months. It must be something about the way the program is designed, because once I lost 22lbs in about 3 months, the only thing I was lost after that was my money! By the 6 month mark, I stopped going, and had much more success just on my own.

IMHO, I think if you just log everything here and keep the balance between food and exercise, you could be just as successful and save yourself a bundle. Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I did Jenny Craig a few years ago, and I was successful for the first few months. It must be something about the way the program is designed, because once I lost 22lbs in about 3 months, the only thing I was lost after that was my money! By the 6 month mark, I stopped going, and had much more success just on my own.

So did I the first time. But it's because I went off the program. If you're doing what they say you will lose weight. It's impossible not to.