zumba?

Options
anyone here do zumba fitness? was wondering how many calories I actually burn in 1hr. I went online and it says you can burn 600 to 1000 cals. but thats a big range. Is there a website that can help with this question on estimating cals burned by exercise?

Replies

• alishawe
    alishawe Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba and have been doing it for over 2 months now! The website I use is www.zumbacalories.com
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I burn 850 calories in a 75 minute class (per the Zumba calories site and verified by my heart rate monitor).
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with it!!!!!!!!! I do it days a week for an hour at the gym on base!!!! I burn around 700 calories :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    if i work hard i do 10 calories per minute, if not so much i do around 5-6 calories per minute. if you do it on the wii zumba 2, they tell you the calories based on how hard you work.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    anyone here do zumba fitness? was wondering how many calories I actually burn in 1hr. I went online and it says you can burn 600 to 1000 cals. but thats a big range. Is there a website that can help with this question on estimating cals burned by exercise?

I don't know if a website can help...it depends on what routines your instructor has you doing. Like we have all types of instructors and some go slow and some go really fast like upbeat songs the whole time....hope this helps!
  • floridahoosier58
    Options
    I just bought the Zumba Fitness DVDs. I have done the first one... now I know what my core is cause it hurts.... I did enjoy and will be doing more and more. This seems silly but it hurts the bottoms of my feet. I am doing it at home on carpet any suggestions?
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I am HUGE zumba enthusiast. According to my zumba calories.com I was burning WAY more than I actually was.:( Mind you I have been doing it for a year and I didnt realize this until I purchased my heart rate monitor 3 weeks ago. SO I would make that investment and purchase a HRM watch with a chest strap or if you have the dough...get the body bugg or fit bit. I myself love to know exact expenditure and it differs so much from person to person. I am hap[y to know for sure now :)
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm an instructor. Basically, how much you burn depends on you. The more you take a class and get to know the instructor's choreography, the stronger you get with it and the more energy you can put into it. That is how you can burn more in one class than in another. I burn anywhere between 700-900 calories in a class (based on what my hrm says), depending on how I'm feeling that day.
  • abigailm83
    abigailm83 Posts: 110
    Options
    I go to a zumba class twice a week and I've had reading from my HRM from 500-800 calories. I just stick to the low number until I get a more accurate HRM. I rather be a little under than over my calorie intake.
  • AmandaJames25
    Options
    i am in a wheelchair an i do zumba with my arms an my upper body an i burn about 500 to 600 calories an hour i love Zumba:happy: