New....50+ pounds to loose

Options
Hi...

I've got 50-75. Pounds to loose to where I'll be happy. Ive tried many diets before and they never seem to work. I think this time I'm more motivated then before. Hubby and I want to tr for baby #2, but with fertility problems the doc says I'm borderline of where they will not work with me. S he'd like me to loose weight before I see him again in 2 months. So here I am. Looking for support, recipes, tips and anything else you ca throw at me,

Replies

• hopedreams
    Options
    Hi Juliann,

Well, you've got great motivation and your note has inspired me already! I have 50-60lbs to lose, and this will be my first ever "diet"...so any tips are appreciated, especially since it seems like you have some good experienced already. I am beginning by logging my first week of my regular eating habits, and now I see why I am where I am! (No judgment, just good to know.) My Fitness Pal is very cool, and I look forward to logging my progress. Are you working out as well? Good luck and let's check in soon. (I'm a student again, working on deciding on a third career, so I am very motivated to get back to my optimum weight and fitness level.)
  • Itsmytime79
    Itsmytime79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have 75 lbs to lose. I am already down 31 lbs. I am loving this site as it tracks everything for me. I couldnt figure out why I was only eating 1500 calories and still not losing weight. I realized it was because I was eating mostly carbs. This site keeps track of all of that for me.
  • Itsmytime79
    Itsmytime79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss and baby goal.:smile:
  • msirbyrn
    msirbyrn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all! I have about 75lbs to lose and I just got started. I started at 227 and would like to be around 150 by the end of the year. I have just got serious into the gym and monitoring my caloric intake. I have lost 4lbs so far! Wish me luck..Good luck to u all!!!! Any tips appreciated :-)
  • juliann95
    juliann95 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't joined a gym yet. But that is my goal with the next pay check. I've been walking about a mile every day with my 5 year old. It's not a lot but it's a lot more then I've done the past 8 years, so I figure it's a start. I did change my calorie goal to 1400 and upped my proteins on my food diary. I'm trying to go more low card higher proteins. It's only been 2 days but so far so good. We've been enjoying some fruit veggie smoothies for breakfast. I made a peanut butter banana one yesterday that was so amazing that my 5 year old gobbled it right up.
  • ChristinaShinn
    Options
    Hi there! I just started this site yesterday but I have been eating and working out for just over a week. I also would like to loose 50-75lbs and my motivation is, I'm truly just tired of being the way I am. Also, I friend of mine who's BMI is less than mine just found out she has Diabetes and she isn't even 30. I don't want that!

I would say the only tips would be just keep logging!! I also never paid attention to carbs, fats etc. It was always just the calories. Don't push for insane goals and get moving. One thing I finally had to tell myself was if I wanted this to change I had to get off of my butt and do something about it.

Praying for you!