Need some help with my diet.

Options
2 weeks in and I have only lost 1 pound. Not sure if I am under eating or just not eating right. I stopped smoking 2 1/2 months ago and the weight just seemed to shoot up.

Replies

• KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    Without more info, it's hard to say. How much do you weigh currently? How tall are you? What's your weekly exercise look like?
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. Eat.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    also fiber is realy important to:glasses:
  • Chuckempire
    Options
    Try reducing some of your carbs and add more protiens. Any exercise?
  • Dean31
    Dean31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're eating really light during the day and then a big dinner. I'd suggest spreading your calories out more. Eat more during the day when you're going to be more active and eat a smaller dinner.

I am assuming that you're less active after dinner, which is typical. But, even if you do workout after dinner or are more active in the evening I'd still recommend you spread your calories out more evenly among your meals.
  • jhightower31
    Options
    I burn 800-1100 calories on the treadmill a day. Am I putting my body into to big of a deficit?
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have a butt load of exercise calories left at the end of each day which yes, will put you in a defecit so your body is going to hold onto the weight!
  • teripendleton
    Options
    Sometimes when your body is used to getting a lot more calories and you cut back drastically it will go into survival mode. Try upping the exercise or cutting back a little more on the calories. Keep at it and you'll cross the plateau.
  • jhightower31
    Options
    Without more info, it's hard to say. How much do you weigh currently? How tall are you? What's your weekly exercise look like?

6ft excercise 7 times a day. My scale says 186 doctors visit said 196.
  • gezman
    gezman Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't base your calories burned on what the treadmill says, the calorie count can be off by up to 25%, I also agree with those who mentioned spreading your calories out, and eating more protein.
  • jhightower31
    Options
    Don't base your calories burned on what the treadmill says, the calorie count can be off by up to 25%, I also agree with those who mentioned spreading your calories out, and eating more protein.

I use a Polar heart rate monitor to keep track of excercise calories.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    According to today's diary you ate 1799 calories, but burned 1175 through exercise. That gives your body 624 calories left for your body to live off of. Definitely not enough.

Given that you only have 26.5 pounds to lose, you need to have a small deficit. Set your weight loss goal to between 0.5 and 1 pound per week to lose in a healthy way. Losing one pound in two weeks is perfectly normal, but when you starve your body you will only slow your metabolism making weight loss harder in the future.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    MFP is way to generous with carbs...back off the carbs and add on some more proteins. You should notice a change.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Id also be more cautious w exercise calories...are you getting them from the treadmill or mfp? there is a difference
  • jhightower31
    Options
    Id also be more cautious w exercise calories...are you getting them from the treadmill or mfp? there is a difference

I use this to track my calories while exercising.
    http://www.polar.fi/en/products/get_active/fitness_crosstraining/FT7
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You need to eat back more of your calories and make sure you are drinking enough water.
  • kh2821
    kh2821 Posts: 4
    Options
    About to enter a two month cutting cycle and was wondering whether or not to go on a pre-workout such as noxipro with beta-alanine in it for endurance purposes so I can go longer on cardio after working out or a fat burner such as oxi-elite pro or animal cuts

current stack now-multi-vitamin, humapro, amino energy, L-Arginine

Diet is as follows going low carb high protein, 40 grams of fat per day 135 grams carbs, diet any advice is appreciated as well
    5' 8'' 170 now looking to get to 160, pretty shredded upper body but still have stomach fat in lower abs that I am trying to get rid of.

Average day dieting and workout stack is listed below, any advice or critique would be greatly appreciated it.

Monday-chest/abs
    Tuesday-back/30 mins cardio
    Wednesday-Shoulders/30 mins cardio
    Thursday-Bis/Tris/30 mins cardio
    Friday-off
    Saturday-45 mins cardio
    Sunday-Plyometrics or 45 mins cardio

Average food intake
    8 am-6 egg whites, 1 banana, coffee with french vanilla
    1 pm-turkey, string cheese 2 slice whole wheat bread, franks hot sauce
    5 45 pm-7 humapro preworkout, amino energy l-arginine
    7 humpro post workout