Would you rather..

Options
My 16's are almost falling off, but 14's give me a muffin top. So would you rather wear something that is a tad to tight or something that is too loose?

And if you were looking at someone would you rather see them in something too loose or tight?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Get the 14's. If they are jeans, they will stretch at the waist. Also look at other cuts that might be more flattering around the waist.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    How baggy would you say? or how prominent a muffin top?
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I prefer a little loose than too tight but it's really a personal preference. :smile:
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...that's a toughy! I guess I would have to say that I would just suck it up and wear a belt for a couple weeks. Either that or try some different styles of pants. There are some 8's that are big at my waist and others it looks like I am being cut in half. I was very partial to certain brands, but found that there are others that are just as flattering to my figure. Hope I helped. I am curious to see what others have to say!

Tracy
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You can tighten a belt, but you can't unmuffin a top.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I prefer a little loose to tight! Hate the feeling of not being able to be comfortable.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'd probably check around in different cuts or styles of pants to see if something would work better. But I'm already wearing jeans that are falling off me because the next size down is uncomfortable right now. I'd rather wear a belt or things be a little big instead of a little small. It's all in feeling comfortable.
  • Kuhneeuh
    Kuhneeuh Posts: 2
    Options
    I would take the baggy, muffin tops are uncomfortable.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Too tight clothes don't look good, esp with a muffin top........you look smaller in a bigger size I bet.......
  • csgray72
    csgray72 Posts: 39
    Options
    I go with the loose size, last time I lost a lot of weight I had this problem at that same size and stuck with the 16s for a couple extra weeks until the 14s didn't muffin me anymore. It seemed to me it took longer to get into a comfortable 14 than almost any other size. lol I guess it was just mind games since you can get 14s in the 'regular size section' of most stores and not have to shop in the plus size.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    My 16's are almost falling off, but 14's give me a muffin top. So would you rather wear something that is a tad to tight or something that is too loose?

And if you were looking at someone would you rather see them in something too loose or tight?

Little too tight. Clothes that are too big, especially jeans, look sloppy.
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can tighten a belt, but you can't unmuffin a top.

This
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar dilemma! I don't have jeans that are TOO loose on me, but I'm afraid to wear the 1's I bought recently for the little muffin top they give me. For now, I go with the more comfortable, flattering pair until the smaller size fits better. I guess it's motivation to get those suckers on :D
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same predicament except they are 14's and 12's. I prefer the 14's though. Reason being, I can be very critical and judgmental and I know others are as well, I know if I can make fun of others and their muffin tops, others can do it to me, I don't want that. Plus, if I have something to eat, I want to feel comfortable.
  • NicoleElen
    NicoleElen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Me too! Right now my 16's are at a point where I have to wear a belt, but my 14s just give me a bit too much muffin top. For now I choose to belt the 16's.
  • cfrollins
    cfrollins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    girrrlllll.... get the smaller ones, stretchy jeans will be your friend :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, wearing clothes too tightly on a regular basis can lead to acid reflux issues, circulatory issues and possible constipation.

Just sayin'

Go loose and cinch it gently with a belt. Between fashion or health, I shoot for health.
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't remember the last time I wore a belt, so I guess I will need to go shopping for one!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Lucky
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If they're a tad too tight after washing/in a shop then I'd go for the 14's as they'll stretch after a wear (and you can always wear a loose top)

Otherwise stay bigger for a tad longer x