Help!

Options
I have been able to stay on track as far as calories go but I am having severe difficulty with my sugar and sodium. I thought I was eating healthier but my sugars are way over. For example for breakfast I had a banana, cheerios, and milk and my sugar count was already at 26. What can I do to get this under control?:huh:

Replies

• JanelleWood
    Options
    Try eating some toast and cherrios with milk, or even an apple. A lot of that is natural sugars which is a lot better then artificial.
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Look for cereal with less sugar and use soya milk light instead of skimmed milk because it has too much sugar . Porridge oats has less sugar ,I use Alpro soya light it tastes just as the normal soya milk.I stopped eating bananas because of the high sugar content . Just check your labels and you will be fine :flowerforyou: good luck
  • 08sweek
    08sweek Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problems, but like the second poster said, natural sugars are better than the sugar in, let's say, donuts. I am also very fond of fruits and find that is often what keeps me from wanting bad sweets. What I've decided is that as long as I have no more than three servings of fruit and that's where the majority of my sugar comes from, I'm not going to worry about it. My MFP counter gives me 24g of sugar a day which can be easily gone over in a breakfast that includes a banana. I would guess that you are fine, as long as what you are eating is healthy, which it sounds like it is, and also makes me want cheerios and a banana for dinner! :smile:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I love fruits! I can overlook the sugars as long as they come from fruits! :flowerforyou: