A Oldie But Goodie Looking For Support

Options
To start off with I am 73 and need to lose 100 pounds. I want to be healthy and active. I haven't been able to walk far or even stand for any length of time. I am a widow and need to start life anew. I used to ride a motorcycle, go camping. fishing, yard sales, flea markets and so forth and I want to be able to do that again. I gave my motorcycle to my son a couple years ago but would like to buy a bicycle (if not one of the new 3 wheel motorcycles called the spider :) ) and be able to ride it and go for walks. Hey just being able to bend down put on my socks and tie my tennis shoes would be great. :) Anyway I am needing some friends to talk to help encourage me and keep me motivated. If you think you might want to be a friend and help me I will do my best to keep you encouraged too. So please feel free to add me as your friend.
Hugs

Replies

• angelashay42
    Options
    You are in good company. There are a lot of good people on this site. We are here if you need support or have any questions. Keep your focus and stay positive. You can do it! =)
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I just started a couple of months ago and need to lose 100 lbs too. Started riding bike and got an exercise bike. Finally starting to a little longer. Its not easy but we can do this! I have lost 28 lbs so far!
  • blissmanifesto
    Options
    Hey msslimann, go ahead and add me! I'm 42 and I would love to support you on your journey. Today I offer you the inspirational example of the Unofficial Mayor of Kona. This 88-year-old man has run the Hawaii Ironman in Kona every year for more than 20 years. At this point they pretty much let him in for free, I believe. But do the math; he didn't even start at the Ironman until he was in his 60s. So although you are not a spring chicken anymore, I truly believe that you can achieve a lot in the health and fitness department if you truly want to.
  • ktmartin422
    ktmartin422 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to be healthy. Let all of us know what you need and we would be more then happy to share advice, motivate or just listen. Welcome! We are glad that you are here!
  • shirleycottrell
    shirleycottrell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to add butnyou can add me. I am 67. I have lost 30 pounds and just at the 200 lb weight. I want to loose more Before our 50th in august. I am doing gym and walk the pounds off tapes with leslie
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request with a little message. Welcome to MFP...you will love it here and find all the support you need. :flowerforyou:
  • designsbytj6145
    Options
    Hi
    I am 66 and talking care of my sick husband and I work everyday. Sounds it you did some fun things. I use to camp and loved it.
    I have been on the Dukan Diet and lost 40 lbs from last Feb to Nov. But in Nov the weight just stopped coming off. I don't know why.
    Anyway I wish you luck and hope you get that 3 wheel bike.
    :love:
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome! YOu can find a lot of support on this site. Glad to hear you want to make a chage for a healthier you! Feel free to add me as a friend for support. I'm 56 years old and also trying to make a change-not easy but need to just do it! :flowerforyou:
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to our wonderful and at times slightly disfunctional home :) As the others have said, we are all here to push you on to the next level :bigsmile:
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on this journey!! I'll send you a request, always looking for more support, feel free to add mohler5059 - she is also looking for supportive friends!! :flowerforyou:
  • msslimann
    msslimann Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me to MFP. From the posts I have read it looks like there is a lot of support here. And believe me when I say that is something I need. I have lost weight before on different diets but always end up sabotaging myself. As I will start eating and gain back what I lose. I had set a goal of 250 but when I get close ( within a pound or 2) I start eating. So I need encouragement to help motivate me to keep on and stay on track. It is hard to lose weight as you get older and I am glad to see others here who know what it is like and are doing it.
    Thanks again for your messages of help and encouragement.
    Hugs, Ann
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm connie I'd be happy to be there for you, lord knows I need all the support and encouregement I can get too. I'll do my best to return the favor
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    Options
    connie again, your more than welcome to add me as a friend!
  • kacierra
    kacierra Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ann. I would enjoy having you as a friend & will send you a request. I'm 67 years old and I also should loose 100 pounds to be the recommended weight. Right now I'm shooting for 160 or 170. I also am a widow. I have four kids & eight grands. I have trouble walking very far, mainly because my feet hurt so much when I've been on them for a while. I hope to use my bicycle more this summer as that would be easier on my feet & still would be good exercise. I still enjoy camping, but I don't go it alone like I use to when I belonged to a camping club. I hope we'll be able to give each other encouragement & motivation.

Karen