overeating

Options
kodijhill
kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
well i need some help or advice so im an overeater and i cant seem to get it under control anyone have any ideason how to get it under control eating tips etc i really need some help please it seems i cant get help from anyone ive been asking for some advice but its a lost cause so if anyone out there knows or deals with this themselves i would sure appreciate some advice

Replies

• jjclark529
    Options
    I know your struggle. It can be difficult. I would suggest packing your meals and snacks every day or doing it on a Sunday. Cook on a Sunday for the entire week and pack everything up by day for each day of the week. Make sure that you eat 5 to 6 times a day, small meals of course. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. If you eat throughout the day, you won't get to a point where you're starving and risk overeating.

I know, personally, that if I start to get hungry and don't have a snack or one of my pre-packaged meals, I make bad choices and may possibly overeat. Having everything with me makes a huge difference.

Hope that helps.
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    One piece of advice -- take a critical look at your past diary entries and think about what you could have done differently that day that would have kept you under your calorie goal.

For example I looked at your diary for yesterday and to me one easy thing you could have skipped was the orange juice with breakfast. Just by having a glass of water or some unsweetened tea instead of the juice you would have been almost at your goal! In your diary for Saturday you list a lemon bar for 480 calories and ice cream for 330 calories. But just cutting out one of those two desserts again you would have basically been at your calorie goal.

I would also really encourage you to try to fit a 30 minute walk into your schedule each day. Not so much for the calories it will burn but because just by getting up and moving around you will feel better and when you FEEL better it is easier to DO better.

Hang in there -- you can do it!
  • sjv1966
    Options
    Yes -- pre-planning is another good strategy. Not everyone is able to cook and pack all of their meals and snack ahead of time but you CAN plan them ahead of time with your food diary.

For example think right now about what you plan to eat tomorrow. Think about what you plan to have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc and then go to your food diary page for tomorrow and enter all that food in and see how much it adds up to. If it is more than your goal see what you can cut out. If it is under then think of what you want to add. That will give you a game plan for tomorrow -- then try to stick with it.

Pre-planning really works for some people -- its worth a try to see if it works for you.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water...then you're too full to over eat. Try prelogging your food for the day, and see if you can stick to it! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • sjv1966
    Options
    One more thought -- check out this book:

"Weight Watchers Start Living, Start Losing: Inspirational Stories That Will Motivate You Now"
    http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watchers-Start-Living-Losing/dp/B0036DE51S/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331604897&sr=1-1

I have never done Weight Watchers nor do I plan to but I found the stories in this book to be very motivational and there were a lot of good tips that helped me.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just a few little suggestions.

Plan meals ahead, I always find when I know what I'm having for my tea I know in my head what calories I have for the rest of the day and what I can look forward to.

Try not to have food that is small in quantity but high in calories, filling up on veg can make a meal huge for less calories.

Don't deny yourself the odd treat just make sure you stick within your calories/fat/carbs. I think it's easier to stick to healthy eating when you know you can have what you fancy in moderation.

Sometimes when you think your hungry you can just be thirsty, drinking plenty of water helps.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    In the moment when you feel you are overeating, do you know why you are doing it? It sounds like you feel terrible about it after the fact. Perhaps if you can identify the trigger (emotions, stress, fears, etc) and also specifically identify how your body is feeling (hungry? already full? Used to being over-full?) perhaps you can start to build some strategies to stop the behavior.

A therapist is great at helping deal with these issues, at least it was for me.

Good luck, you're not alone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!