Carbs for din dinn

Options
lately i've been having carbs for dinner, carbs NOT as in just veggies.. but carbs as in whole wheat bread and brown rice...i notice alot of peoples diaries on here do not eat carbs at night.. and have been told they don't do so because carbs are mainly stored for energy purposes as well and since it's dinner time and youre ready to go to sleep, it can just be stored as fat in your body is this true?

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    No. Eat your carbs.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs whenever I want to. Food doesnt know time.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make a difference, as long as you're not over your cals for the day you'll be fine :) I've always eaten carbs for dinner - in fact I probably have carbs with dinner 99% of the time! (white pasta, white rice etc) It hasn't made a difference in terms of weight loss.

Fact is, I get hungry in the evening and if I don't eat I'm just grumpy and can't get to sleep easily. It's a lot easier to just plan something into my day so that I'm still under calories and hitting my macros :)
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had a nutritionist tell me once that balance is most important. Eat your good carbs, the nutritionist said just what someone else said, the body doesn't do time. The body needs the energy and if you don't eat good carbs the body will get it from elsewhere in the body.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs in the morning afternnon and night<3
  • meljaniya
    meljaniya Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I try to even out my carbs throughout most of the day with the exception of dinner. My dinners are typically a little lower in carbs and higher in protein due to the fact that I workout in the evenings and going to bed in a couple of hours after getting home. I will still have carbs but just not as much as say breakfast or lunch. Just try to stay balanced and don't eat most of your carbs at night. The only exception to this rule in my opinion is if you are carb loading for a major workout the next morning or race.
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Calories/carbs/date don't know the time.

Eat when you are hungry - in moderation.

Eating a huge carb heavy meal an hour before you go to bed isn't great for you but you should eat good carbs (wholemeal etc.) on a regular basis :)
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    You should get enough carbohydrates during the day, the reasoning behind this is that most people are sedentary during the evening and there is this little thing called sleep that slows your metabolism down to almost resting pace. This is why breakfast is dubbed the most important meal of the day as this fuels your body and kick starts your metabolism.

Food doesn't have a clock but your body does, eating carbohydrate heavy foods late evening tends to end up with most being stored and metabolised if you're not careful. For a very well illustrated example, Hugh Jackman stated that he doesn’t eat carbohydrate after three in the afternoon, without exercise you can drop a pound a week if your diet is in check.

He doesn’t look too bad for it.