rude people

Options
2»

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add, its those mean/rude people that keep me motivated....I'll SHOW THEM!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA ( evil laugh) :) AND YOU ALL WILL TOO!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    I'm the fat sister - my two sisters are so skinny and beautiful.

It's hard not to be jealous of them - and I am never mean to them because of the way I feel about myself. But...I also know that they work for their bodies by going to the gym 4-5 days a week. Your sister should see you as an inspiration...not a threat.

I deal with rude people all the time who tell me that I can't do this, or I can't do that or I'll just gain it all back or they see no results....

Oh well...who cares? I'm in this for me, not them, so I just let it roll off my back.

It's hard to ignore your sister but I would just take it all with a grain of salt and understand that the way she treats you is a reflection on how she feels about herself.

Good luck to you!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I also wanted to add, its those mean/rude people that keep me motivated....I'll SHOW THEM!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA ( evil laugh) :) AND YOU ALL WILL TOO!

i was gonna say, if someone kept reminding me everyday that my gut sticks out over my belt....that would probably annoy me enough to work harder. Reality check.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I have some family members that are the same! My mother has been over weight for as far back as I can remember, and she has always brought me down. I tell her about all the workouts that I am doing and it's actually kind of funny, because she starts telling me that I should be "doing it this way, or doing it that way" but clearly "that way" isn't working for her!! I know that's VERY harsh (not that I would EVER actually say that to her, but I'm just venting a bit...:ohwell: lol) I have even occasionally asked her to go for walks with me, and only once has she said yes. You tend to get tired of asking when you're always being told NO!!

But on the flip side of all this... I have inspired my sister!! :bigsmile: A few years back, she had lost about 60lbs but has since put it back on. I am currently doing ChaLEAN Extreme and after all the rave I have put into it to her, she wants to use it too!!!

Anyway... good luck to everyone and stay focused on what YOU want!!!! :heart: :bigsmile:
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    And for every bad remark you get..there will be good ones. You just gotta look past bad people and focus on the good ones. My sister and I used to not get along..and now we get along better than ever..and she has been working on losing weight too...she is now down to 126lbs! :flowerforyou:
    Try to just focus on the good stuff:bigsmile:
    Casey
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Okay so I think my sister is jealous that I continue to do this, she always has some comment about how almost everyone she knows that has lost weight gains it all back. Last night I went through my closet and called her to ask if she wanted some of my old clothes. She's a little bigger than I was when I started and I know that they'd fit her. She's like no you should keep them, the last jeans that you gave me are too big. I know for a fact they aren't she needed to borrow a pair of trousers once and they were too little. Then she says besides you are more than likely going to gain it back so you'll be needing them anyways! GRRR she ticks me off! Why are people like that? Who do you know that tries to get you to quit?
    She is probably just jealous of you and your accomplishments. Maybe once she sees how happy you are with your new lifestyle, she might come around.
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Its called leveling.....People say rude things to make themselves feel good. They are trying to bring you down to their level.
    Like the other posts said.....-RAISE ABOVE HERE cause that is already where you are and dont let her bring you down to her level.
    angl:bigsmile:
  • twocats
    twocats Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't know who said it but.....

"Living well is the best revenge."
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I don't know who said it but.....

"Living well is the best revenge."

ABSOLUTELY!! :bigsmile: :happy:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Thanks it's sooo true now that I look bad. She has every excuse not to exercise, I have to make dinner, I have the girls, she has twins but also has a double stroller that she could be pushing them in. I go walking with a good friend every night, it's nice to have someone to depend on, she puts that on me too, that's when our arguement started the other day. She doesn't have anyone to exercise with, I told her point blank, when I asked you to come with me, you had an excuse. She didn't say much then, I'm going to from now on ignore her and my mom's comments. My step dad hadn't seen me in a few weeks and was like wow you really lost weight, my mom right away was like yeah but look at her stomach, she needs to work on that. I don't know but I'm never going to let my daughter know how much I hate my body, or point out flaws in her's when mine isn't perfect. Please have good body image around your kids, even if you have to lie to them about loving how big your thighs are!:wink:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    women are mean. wow.
    Yup. We can really be catty! I'd call her on it. She's saying this to you, because your letting her. Tell her she either needs to be supportive and shut up, or just stop talking to you if she can't be nice.
    Or you can lay the pity card and beg her to do this with you, because you need some moral support on the home front. Either way, your gonna have to take a stand with her....:flowerforyou: