Anyone joins TOPS?

Options
I'm losing motivation. I'm thinking about joining TOPS.
I'm going to check their meeting out next week.

Replies

• gezman
    gezman Posts: 10
    Options
    I joined TOPS for awhile, thought it helped me with accountability. Some things I didn't agree with, bottom line though was it was another tool to use. I lost about 20lbs in the 5 months I was going to meetings, but I found myself doing silly things to make sure I had a good weigh in. I would work out hard, not replace the fluids I was losing, then drink my water after the weigh in. I always was shorting myself calories on weigh in day, I have thought of going back again, but I would definitely treat the weigh in differently. Good luck with what you decide.
  • SherrysLife2012
    Options
    I've been in and out of TOPS since I was a pre-teen, lose weight...quit..gain weight...join again...lose weight...quit and on and on, until I was about 22. I didn't return again until I was 38 and had lost all control, the group I normally had went to folded, so I had to find a different group. In July 2006 I found a group to join and learned a very valuable lesson, not all TOPS groups are the same, this new group was so very encouraging, motivating and inspirational and really helped me drop 80 pounds in the first year. I had to move in 2009, but after attending 8 different TOPS groups, I finally found the right one, last year was a very rough year and I gained back nearly 50 pounds after losing over 100, but I hope that I am once again on the right track and plan to have my 100 back off by May 18th, which is when we attend our State Recognition Day. So...bottom line...you have to find the right club, there are some clubs that are basically just social groups, find a club that will motivate you. I enjoy earning the charms, the contests and incentives. The club I'm in now also attends State and Area Recognition Days, these are very inspirational and I encourage everyone to attend these. Last year I was fortunate enough to attend International Recognition Days and I was in awe, so inspiring and motivating. TOPS club and the members have helped me save my life, but you really need to find the right club. Good luck in your journey and I hope you can find a club that will help motivate and inspire you. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me or friend me.

Sherry
    I joined TOPS once again in 2006 because I had to special order my clothes in an 8X, I was so disgusted with myself, I now wear a size 3X and hope to be in a 2X by summer. I love TOPS, its very affordable as well.