Low Cal and Low Sodium....

Options
haleyjester
haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
I have been watching my sodium as well and while I stay under my calorie intake Im exceeding my sodium...any good recipes or snack ideas

Replies

• clotta22
    clotta22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband is on a low sodium diet also. We started with eating veggies like carrots.

Since Jan. we have been reading food labels and found that granola, some snack bars and yogurt are not bad either.

It does take a minute to get used to reading the labels!
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread. Would love to find some reduced/low-fat chedder that is also low sodium. I love cheese but it tastes way to salty since I have been cutting back my sodium.
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    oops. double post.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My best suggestion is to cook your own meals and not use tinned sauces, veggies, stocks etc. That way you know how much salt is added.
    For example - make a roast chicken and use the carcass to make stock for yummy home made soup - so much better than soup from a can.
    For snacks - fruit, home made muffins (i made some with zucchini, carrot, wholemeal flour etc), almonds (raw, no added salt), natural yoghurt with fresh fruit added (read the labels to compare sodium), peanut butter with no added sugar or salt, grainy bread (start reading labels!), make your own hommus etc.