To weigh or not to weigh

Options
I like to weigh every day. I have always weighed every day even when I was gaining not loosing, it may be why I started at 178 not 228 I'm not sure. For me if the scale shows a loss for three days in a row then I call it good and it is now my new poundage...if I show more then a pound up I seem to keep to my goal a little better for the following days. I know it's a head game but it works for me and that is what MFP is about DOING YOU. My friend has another perspective that I am posting:smile::smile: below

MY FRIENDS THOUGHTS ON THIS
Something to think about: DO NOT weigh yourself everyday….you didn’t weigh yourself everyday when you gained it so why are you weighing yourself daily now. It only discourages you when you don’t see the pounds drop and what do you think is going to happen? Miraculously you’ll drop 10 pounds in 24 hours….NOT! That will never happened and if it does than there’s something wrong with your scale or it is water weight and you’ll see those pounds back on the next day. :-)

We are both right and what ever you do for you will be right also

Replies

• mejecs
    mejecs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, I weigh every day. It works for me, keeps me accountable. I even travel with a scale (I travel a lot for work and find that I can get off track quickly if I don't have the scale with me!)
  • jedixerren22
    Options
    I don't think weighing every day is very helpful because your weight fluctuates constantly throughout the day. I find it discouraging and weigh myself every other week and measure myself every other week as well. I've heard that measuring is more beneficial than weighing. But if it works for you than go for it! =]
  • gochnour3
    gochnour3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, and not gonna lie, I get a kick out of weighing after a workout too, even though I knwo its just water weight. My friends and husband thought I was nuts, but I went to a nutritionist sports med doc and he said its great- said that research showed that people who weighed themselves more tended to stick to it more. But i totally see where it can get in your head. you just have to be able to know that there is fluctuation and thats ok. God knows I'm up right now, beginning my female monthly- I hate it, I retain fluid like crazy, but it ALWAYS comes back off after.

Good luck, and I think the moral of the story is to stay motivated, whatever is it that motivates you!!