What can't you give up?

Options
jayne_mel
jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
What can't you seem to give up even though you know you should?

For me it's diet soda and processed granola bars. I know both are full of awful crap yet I just can't seem to live without them. Especially if the granola bar has peanut butter in it.

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I haven't "given anything up" if I'm going to eat this way for the rest of my life, it's going to be my way. Moderation is key.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Mocha Frappe. Damn things are addictive. I just account for it in my daily calories.
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sweets! I went without any sugar or processed foods for an entire year and never got over the craving. I am keeping track of sugar, but have only stayed in the green once so far. It's a goal, but for the beginning of this journey, I am working harder on the calorie count. How about you?
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have a hard time getting away from Facebook and it's monotonous yet strangely addictive games. While I left the Farmvilles and sims behind a while back I can't seem to shake the Indiana Jones game and find myself logging in many times a day just to get through one adventure after another.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I've already gotten rid of most of the junk. I don't miss it as much as I used to.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    ICECREAM.....:(
  • VeronicazJourney
    Options
    Pepsi and Chocolate. Lord help me!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Bubby biscuits.....they are good dunkers in your cuppa.......:drinker:
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I want the best for my life and for myself. I have not given up anything. I changed everything.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I haven't "given anything up" if I'm going to eat this way for the rest of my life, it's going to be my way. Moderation is key.

^^This w/nutella :grumble: :laugh:
  • rbilsborough
    rbilsborough Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What can't you seem to give up even though you know you should?

Jelly beans, licorice, jube jubes, gummy worms, dots..........I just don't buy the bulk bags any more. Small quanties, and I count them as a snack.
  • Aphrodite3010
    Aphrodite3010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I really don't have anything I can't give up, I just eat it in moderation and account for it in my calories. I LOVE root beer floats but instead of having a giant one I just do 3/4 a cup of reg ice cream and 1 cup of root beer and even though its still over 300 calories sometimes its nice to indulge when I've earned it. I don't want to give up anything and think "I'll never be able to eat that again." I also have a cheat day a week where I still eat in moderation but I just don't think about it as much, those are the days I choose to have fettucini alfredo or a nice slab of prime rib or movie theater popcorn (yum!). I don't think you have to give up anything really, just be more conscious.
  • nirebelldandy
    Options
    ice cream...ok dessert in general. publix has had TWO sales in a row of buy one get one free weight watchers ice cream...so you know my second freezer is full of that! lol i eat pretty decently but girl's gotta have her dessert ya know..
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my coffee with real sugar.....
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    nothing really.... love red wine and occasional chocolate. yum. gotta live life.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I havent really given anything up.... well, maybe that GIANT pancake stack every sunday... now I just have one silver dollar sized one with some Walden Farms calorie free syrup on it..

Oh... and Jelly bellies, which is probably why I still have a jelly belly... hahahha
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to peanut butter. Jar of peanut butter+me+spoon=bliss.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    heroin and prostitutes.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    but really - extra salt.

sure - i still eat all of my "cravings" once in awhile since this i need to live like this for, well, ever. but it's really hard to lay off the salt. i did, however, throw out my salt lick.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered almonds or peanuts.... And yogurt covered almonds or peanuts. I just love them even though they are bad for me.