I just joined have a long way to Go any support would be gre

Options
My name is Shana and I live in Fort Worth Tx. I am 38 years old and have been obese since the age of 20. At my highest I weighed 260 pounds and beleive it or not I am only 5'2. I am now currently 235 pounds and I have decided that it is now or never. I have a boyfriend and we have been together for over a year and I know that if I felt better and had more energy we could enjoy are life more. I have never had kids so I can not blame my weight gain on having children LOL. I am in this situation because of the choices I made and now it is time for me to make the choices to get out of this situaion. I am also a type 2 diabetic which is also due to me being overweight. I have not posted any pics yet but I will. I need to have my boyfriend take some. I would love to make some friends who can understand what it is like to live like this for so long. I promise to everyone and myself that I am going to do what it takes to get healthy. God Bless!!!!

Replies

• wmjanes
    wmjanes Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello Shana, my name is Billy I have been on this for at least a couple of weeks and lost 2lbs. I know my profile says 17lbs lost but I weighted myself wrong at the beginning. Support helps from friends off of here family anyway you can get it the better. I'm on a 1600 calorie diet and believe it or not I feel Fuller longer and quicker. I have had 2 bad days since I have been on other than that I feel great. I do the elliptical for about 30 mind whenever I can. Well enough of me welcome and good luck. If you want you can add me to get you through
  • makakehau
    makakehau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Shana!
    I live in Glen Rose, Texas (just about 60 miles west of you) and have about 50 pounds to lose. Years ago, at my highest weight, I was right around 255 at 5' 7", so I understand where you are coming from. While, I didn't let my self get back there, I have a good bit of work to do myself.
    I'd love to be friends and support one another.
    Maybe we could get together one day and walk a 5k race or something.
    Feel free to add me. My board name is makakehau.
    I look forward to talking to you!
    Best Wishes,
    Lori
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome! I;m adding you all! I need all the support and motivation I can get to keep me focused :)
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    You have come to the right place for support!!
  • Janiceclea
    Janiceclea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I just started this about 2 weeks ago and it's amazing how many calories you eat during the day without even knowing it. I'm in the same boat as you and want to eat better and lose weight. Good luck and remember every day is a new day so if you have a bad one, don't become discouraged.....just start fresh the next day. :)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend. You can add me. I am also from Texas.
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi, Shana - you've taken the hardest step, and joined this wonderful community of people who will support you beyond belief! None of us can give you advice, we're all on a journey looking to find what works for us. A little here, a little there, and pretty soon you won't recognize yourself.

Please remember (and you'll see this a lot), you didn't get here overnight, and it won't happen overnight. Be PATIENT. Take it one day at a time, and keep saying to yourself that you are worth it and you can do it and only good things are in your future!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    add me if you'd like :)
  • ashcandi
    ashcandi Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me. Good luck in your journey :)
  • happypath101
    Options
    Hi Shana. I'm brand new to MFP. I'm at a different place in my journey. But, I think I can relate. I need some inspiration too. So, maybe we can support each other. Feel free to add me and I'll stay in touch. Take care of yourself! (And be kind to yourself too.)
  • cfcole
    cfcole Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey All,
    I'm 29 and live in Illinios. I have been overweight for most of my life. I have decided to start making strides in improving my health (and figure). I know that there is strength in numbers, so I would love to be able to connect with others.
  • flutternfly
    flutternfly Posts: 123
    Options
    Shana,
    I completely understand your stuggle. I think you admitting and owning is a huge step.

I'm on a long journey and I started it with some friends about 4 weeks ago. We're in a competition, but I finally am visualizing myself like I once was many years ago.

Feel free to add me and we can work on our journey together.

Congratulations for taking this first big step. The people on here are great and can really help you along.

I've reading a book that was recommended to me called "The Female Body Breakthrough". It's baby steps that you can see progress. I'm applying a lot of her principles and I'm getting results.

Good luck in your journey.
  • flutternfly
    flutternfly Posts: 123
    Options
    Hey All,
    I'm 29 and live in Illinios. I have been overweight for most of my life. I have decided to start making strides in improving my health (and figure). I know that there is strength in numbers, so I would love to be able to connect with others.

I've struggled with my weight most of my life so I'm on that journey again. It you'd like to add me as a friend, I'm happy to support you as well.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You will find a lot of support here! :)
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi Shana! Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou: Im sending you an add....feel free to accept
  • eenn
    eenn Posts: 20
    Options
    Feel free to add me . We can support each other.
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Shana! You can do this!! Feel free to add me for motivation! :)
  • 5un5hine03
    Options
    Hello.. My name is Heidi and Im from Ohio.. I just joined today!!! I am in the same boat you are!! I will add you.. We all need all the support we can get!!!
  • jfaith10
    jfaith10 Posts: 2
    Options
    My name is Sandra and I totally understand what you are going thru. I am 37 years old 5'3 and weigh 254. I started my journey about a month ago and weighed 270 and have lost 16 lbs. I also have a long way to go but like you do not want to be overweight any longer. I do have 2 children but my youngest is five years old and I should have never let my weight get of control. I would like to weigh 150 lbs and know I will be there in a year or so. I think as long as we keep trying and stay focused we will succeed. Good luck and hopefully we reach our goals.
  • LarryLaird
    LarryLaird Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Shana, I feel the same way you do, I'm new also, Im 57 and have 100+#t to loose. I'm going to try to add you as a friend but I'm not very puter savy. If I fail you can add me if you want to. It's not going to be easy but we can do it!