Driving my boyfriend bonkers.

Options
Okay so I have lost a little bit but still have such a long ways to go. I have been slipping up here and there and it's all I ever think about. I think about the weight I need to lose, how disgusting I feel, how great I did eating, how crappy I did, how much I ran, how long I lifted...ect, ect. I'm becoming obsessed. I know it is driving my boyfriend crazy. He tells me I'm fine and I don't need to lose anymore and somehow there's a little birdy that tells me he is lying to make me feel better since it is all I ever think about. Ya know? I'm sure some of you girls go through this...how do you cope? Try not to talk about it as much?

Replies

• gaby_gabs
    Options
    I think I'm starting to drive my husband a little crazy too. haha. I am currently obsessing about calories and working out. All he said was "Oh no." haha. I would just talk about how happy you are with your progress and when there are days you need encouragement ask him for it. It's not good to obsess over every little thing because you're going to end up driving yourself bonkers.
  • rockyluv88
    Options
    I obsess in silence I guess lol. I do celebrate each pound lost though and I get positive support for that!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Girls who complain and whine aren't sexy. It doesn't matter how good you look physically, don't turn him off by being negative about how hard it is to get there. If you need to rant, do it here =) That is why we are here.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Blog.

Unless people are doing this sort of health kick/weight loss thing themselves .. they don't really understand or care. So find a vent .. whether that's a blog or forums on here or your own little diary and use that to get things off your chest.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The reason I joined MFP was for a place to discuss my weight loss. I try to keep quiet elsewhere, but don't hold back here!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Girls who complain and whine aren't sexy. It doesn't matter how good you look physically, don't turn him off by being negative about how hard it is to get there. If you need to rant, do it here =) That is why we are here.
    this. i quit complaining ages ago. this is your thing not his. keep it to here and you will be fine. rant when you need to! thats why we are all on here! lol its ok. i am obsessed too. when you start feeling better about yourself it will loosen up a bit. i feel great, i look great, so logging is just the way i can keep on looking better. so i dont complain about it. now my husband who joined a month ago on the other hand...
  • itsneverbeenbetter
    itsneverbeenbetter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't mention it to him... just let him watch you get even sexier!

Oh, and totally start a blog, otherwise your head will implode because you have no outlet. I would know. =D
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I can talk about just about anything - except diets and loosing weight.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Think of a first date.... No one likes to hear about the other person all the time. They want to be asked about stuff that involves them. If this is all you talk about without taking him into consideration, it will in the end drive him crazy for sure. Sounds selfish, but it's kinda like the reversal when a boyfriend talks about football or his favourite video game. This is the same thing. Unless you can tone it down and maybe just rant away on here :)
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Girls just want to vent. Guys generally can listen pretty well if they know they can fix it. If they can't, it is frustrating to them.
  • katadams618
    Options
    Don't mention it to him... just let him watch you get even sexier!

Oh, and totally start a blog, otherwise your head will implode because you have no outlet. I would know. =D

I like this a lot!
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little different, I'm married hubby wants children I don't. It took me 4 months to loose 20 pounds, I definitely don't want to gain it all back. Now I'm just trying to ignore the subject, maybe he will forget about it then.

Sorry to be of topic, but I know its driving him bonkers :-/