Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

what's your goal weight if you are 5ft 4 inches?

Replies

• kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    im 5'9 and im aiming towards 130-140

I think you're going to be WAY too skinny if you aim for that! :noway: I'm 5'7" and 149 and have almost everyone I know telling me I'm getting too thin and not to lose any more weight! So if you're 2 iches taller, you'd be a string bean at 130! :noway:

I am 5'8" and I looked great at 123. It depends on bone structure, some people look skeletal with 10 more lbs some look fluffy. Personal preference.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 135, but after I hit that I think I still would like to go down to 125?
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 150 but will decide from there if I want to get to 135.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I am 5'4" and I am going by body fat %. My goal is to be at around 20% body fat. I got a caliper for $20 and it has really helped me figure out the ideal for me. Everyone is different and by finding out how much a person's lean body mass is and how much body fat they are carrying around, they can then figure out how much body fat they need to lose to be in a healthy range. Based on what I have read, unless you are an athletic woman, your body fat % should be between 20-25%.

That's almost exactly what a trainer told me the other day. He said not to go by weight on a scale, but to go by a normal, healthy range of body fat %.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    I'm 5'3" and my original goal was 125. But I'm fluctuating between 116 and 118 and I'm happy! I haven't been losing - I plateaued, so I figure my body must be pretty happy here too.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    I Am 5 4 and my goal is 145. I do think that is going to be a good weight for me with my muscle that I got going on , :laugh:
    seriously though, that is what I think . And at that point I would have lost 170 lbs, so yeah, I think I will be happy with that!
  • hlola
    hlola Posts: 1
    Hi...I am new to the site and recently discovered I am 5'5'' , having been 5'6'' in my mind all these years....hahahahh! Any way, i am aming for 150.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    I am 5' 5". My goal weight is 140. I have a heavy build though and 140lbs is an ideal weight for me. I have 25lbs to go still!
  • oldgreg
    oldgreg Posts: 5

I think you're going to be WAY too skinny if you aim for that! :noway: I'm 5'7" and 149 and have almost everyone I know telling me I'm getting too thin and not to lose any more weight! So if you're 2 iches taller, you'd be a string bean at 130! :noway:

You're a lot older than her...
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    I'm in the 150's now (higher end) and in high school I was in the 140's. I think the lowest I got down to was 136 in high school. I would like to be in the 140's range (lower end) and then tone up from there. I've always had a decent size chest and I really don't want to lose that!

I am also in the 5'3 range.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member

You're a lot older than her...

Please don't read a tone into this, but how does age play a part into a healthy body weight?
  • oldgreg
    oldgreg Posts: 5
    5'9", 130-140 on a late teens/early-mid 20s girl is NOT too thin. As you get older, your body carries weight differently.

Why am I even answering this question?
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    I'm 5'4" and went from 158 to 132 and have been told by people that I look too thin. I have a medium frame. It all depends on you body frame and how you look and feel. My goal was 135 , but decided to lose a few more pounds for insurance, and I would like to maintain a weight between 133-138. As to the age question, I know according to some of the weight charts, the older you are, the more weight you are allowed to carry. I don't know why. You would think it would be the opposite, wouldn't you?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    5'9", 130-140 on a late teens/early-mid 20s girl is NOT too thin. As you get older, your body carries weight differently.

Why am I even answering this question?

Yes, why are you?
    3 posts. Joined this month. "Old Greg"

I asked because I agree with the original post.... 130 on a 5'9'' frame would more than likely look stick thin, not healthy.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    And by the way, I'm in that "older age group", so I'm not trying to be anti-age.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    I'm 5' 4" and when I was 22 I got down to 119 and my body held that for like a week! I was super tiny, size 2. Now I'm 32 and my goal is to be 130 or so but will decide as I go....I have two kids and can't put the time and effort it took to maintain 120-125. So I say a lot of it depends on your age. I know my weight looks WAY different on me after I had kids vs before :)
    Good luck and remember the most important thing is to be healthy & happy :)
  • ReyesOnFire
    ReyesOnFire Posts: 23 Member
    I am 5'3" and my goal is around 145. I wa there before I had my baby and it was a good weight for me. I think you just have to set a goal and be flexible on it. Your body will let you know when it is happy. I think as long as you are healthy, the scale shouldn't matter...

LAURYN1981-
    I know exactly what you mean about your body changing after having a baby! I have a 6-month-old and am struggling with the fact that my body is so different from pre-baby!
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    thanx i had no clue
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    im 5'4'' and im aiming for 125lbs
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is 140 lbs. When I get there, I may decide to try for 130-135 lbs. I think I would look way too skinny and unhealthy if I went below 130.
This discussion has been closed.