LADIES, do you lift at home? what lb weights?

Options
do any of u ladies lift at home or do workouts at home? what lb weights do you use? i'm trying to lose body fat.. and need to do more weight lifting to see if i can see results.. what did u start out with and seen progress?

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I started with 8 lb. weights and now I use 12 lb. I use them with Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 and it is a SERIOUS workout!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use a powere block that has all kinds of weights. It is like a selecttech but less expensive.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use 2lb weights because I am actually a weakling! This is 2lb in each hand for bicep and shoulder work ha .... I dont want to build muscle I want to tone but actually 2lb is more than enough for tricep work! I really am just flab ....
  • shanzee_b
    shanzee_b Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am doing Chalean Extreme and use up to 22.5lb weights. For some triceps workouts I use my resistant bands as I don't have low weights, for bicep curls I use 12.5lbs and 16.5lb weights and for squats I use 22.5lbs weights.
  • PinkRunning
    PinkRunning Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started out with 5 lb dumbbells and am now up to 8 which is plenty heavy enough for me for overhead press, curls, etc. I still use sets of 5's and 3's depending on the exercise.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am weak. I use 5lb during 30DS. I can only press 75, 25 doing the rest of my upper body, 105 leg press and 15 on hip abduction, addiction. I am really learning where my weaknesses are.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I use 5 and 10 lb dumbbells. 5 for high repetition and when im doing jillian videos, then 10s for when im not incorporating cardio or interval into it.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    For hand weights I use 10 for lateral and front arm raises, and 12 for chest flys, biceps and triceps. At age 65 I no longer lift above my shoulders.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've just started 'The New Rules of Lifting for Women' which i'm trying to do at home with the little equipment i have. It uses quite heavy weights, so i have a sandbag i made which for some of the exercises i'll make 50 pounds (23kg) or so. But for other exercises i use lighter weights.
  • Cajun_momma
    Options
    I am using 8 lbs dumbells now until I can move comfortable to 10 or 12..
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I have had great results with using the total gym with doesn't use weight but your body's resistance. I would highly recommend it:) Good luck to you!!
  • QuietStorm33
    Options
    I started with 3 pound weights. Now I'm up to the 10 pound weights.