An Elliptical kicked my *kitten*

Options
2»

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The elliptical is my favourite. I can do up to an hour on it now but I am very sweaty after. My toes go numb too. Glad it's not just me!

How long did it take you to get up to an hour?

I started at the beginning of April on the elliptical. It took over a month before I was up to the hour
    Thanks now I have a time frame to make a goal in!
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    How funny cuz thats what happened the first time I ever went on the Elliptical...I do have a question though. Whenever I am on the Elliptical my toes go numb. Does this happen to anyone else? Yesterday I was on it and after about 15-20 minutes they went numb and then shortly after that there was a burning sensation on the bottom of my feet. I have never had the burning sensation but the numbness always happens...guaranteed.

And here I thought I was the only one!! I wish I knew why this happens.....????? :huh:

Me too actually! It happens to me almost every time. I'll stay on that thing for about 35-40 mins so i thought that may have had something to do with it. The length of time
  • laura11248
    laura11248 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me Too! I thought it was just me because it is only my right foot and I have an ankle injury. I broke it 2 years ago...had plate and 11 screws holding it together until April when I couldn't bear the pain from the hardware anymore! It typically starts to go numb after about 20 minutes. I just thought it was the nerve damage from the injury! Thanks for posting this question...I'm glad to know that I am not in the boat alone!

230112.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I must be weird. I tried the elliptical and after 10 minutes, my legs were dead. Literally, they refused to operate anymore. I had to turn it off and stand there (legs trembling) while I pretended to be studying the stats and wiping sweat off my brow before I could actually pick my feet up and walk away. I'm the same way with running/jogging/stairs. Simply die after some ridiculously small period of time.

But I can bicycle! Before I got old and had a few children, I used to ride a real one 10 miles a day. Now, I use the stationary one at the gym and am constantly challenging my distance/time/speed/difficulty.

But the elliptical? Uh...:noway:

I just wanted to switch it out, so my body didn't get too comfortable with one type of exercise. But OMG...

Maybe I can do the rowing machine???
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    So I've been walking for about 2 hours a day now for 2 months, yesterday it was raining and I was sad at the thought of missing my hour long evening walk. Hmmm I thought, maybe I'll go down the street and hop on mom's elliptical trainer!
    So off I went happy as can be that I was going to try a new exercise, I got on figuring I'd do about half an hour or 45 minutes. 10 minutes in I thought I was going to die!!!! Seriously, I thought it was some horrible plot against my life! I made it 15 minutes before falling to the floor in pain, my butt hurts, my legs hurt....... I can't wait to go back and do it again tonight:happy:
    Its awsome isn't it?? lol. I can do 35 minutes right now, and working my back back up to an hour.:flowerforyou:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow! An hour!! You Guyz Rock! :love:

I can do 30-45 minutes tops. :blushing:

Depends on how involved I get with "Cash Cab" on TV! :laugh:
  • jess412
    jess412 Posts: 29
    Options
    When i first saw the elliptical, i thought "hmm doesn't look too hard." Boy was i wrong!! that's a hard workout, and I'm only up to ten mins lol. but i always feel great afterwards, so i look forward to doing it everyday. :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh the elliptical is an evil, sexy machine....Kicks my butt to this day...........literally!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    How funny cuz thats what happened the first time I ever went on the Elliptical...I do have a question though. Whenever I am on the Elliptical my toes go numb. Does this happen to anyone else? Yesterday I was on it and after about 15-20 minutes they went numb and then shortly after that there was a burning sensation on the bottom of my feet. I have never had the burning sensation but the numbness always happens...guaranteed.

And here I thought I was the only one!! I wish I knew why this happens.....????? :huh:

You guys are smashing the nerve in your foot. I get it too sometimes. It's right where you toe breaks when you push off.

I think the elliptical is cake....now what kicks my *kitten* is the stairclimber. I have big problems with that but have never had issues with the elliptical.