Well, cant do anything about it now...

Options
Had a terrible weekend! Been in the garden Saturday and Sunday so it was all convenience food. Chippy, chocolate, u get the picture! Anyway, this rolled into yesterday so i have to get back into it today. A few words of support please!!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You're quite right - you can't change what has already happened.
    But you can change how you react to it and what you plan for next time.
    Good luck!
  • Supernikki
    Supernikki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Daylight savings left me feeling miserably tired, so I treated it with chocolate? That spun into "what the heck why not eat two tamales in addition to dinner. " Bad idea. Tummy hurts from being too full, and I'm disappointed in myself for my lack of self control after 4 weeks of success with meal replacements.
  • rockyluv88
    Options
    In the big scheme of things a weekend is nothing... Just get back on track and you'll look back at it as just another hurdle you overcame. Remember you are human, no one is perfect all the time.
    I like the quote " if you fall 7 times, pick yourself up 8"
    You can do it!
  • lottier0311
    lottier0311 Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks Guys, I totally agree Nikki. One bad day and it really does lead to a bit more....

So far so good though, but it is only 8:30am! haha.

Really gonna try and i will be back on it until goal now. I'm more frustrated in myself because i only want to lose about another 10lb!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What's done is done and it's only a blip, don't beat yourself up because you are back on it today :)
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day this is life and occasionally we do things that you don't feel good about. Don't feel guilty - just get back on the right track today.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I think you can change it by getting yourself in to beast mode and hitting the gym/road running!
    Of course there are things you can do to change the knock on effect it has, and also stop yourself doing it in future, and getting the self motivation and discipline to not let it continue... not sure why the garden equates to eating convenience food??

At home for us it tends to involve loads of lovely garden salads, sitting out with cool lemonade and minted water, maybe a glass of vino in the evening....
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    At the end of the day this is life and occasionally we do things that you don't feel good about. Don't feel guilty - just get back on the right track today.

Why should she not feel guilty? She stepped off then bandwagon for a day too long... Use that as incentive to spur you not to make the same "mistake" again. If you're serious about it all that is...
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Coupld of days -whatevz man. At least it hasn't been yearsssssssss!

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    Had a terrible weekend! Been in the garden Saturday and Sunday so it was all convenience food. Chippy, chocolate, u get the picture! Anyway, this rolled into yesterday so i have to get back into it today. A few words of support please!!

You're back on the wagon today, now just plan to not fall off it again so you don't have the same horrible feeling again...
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Draw a line under it and forget it. I ate really badly on sunday and was up on the scale back down this morning. You can easily pull it back. Go girl x
  • mostaverage
    Options

Why should she not feel guilty? She stepped off then bandwagon for a day too long... Use that as incentive to spur you not to make the same "mistake" again. If you're serious about it all that is...

Guilt isn't productive, it's destructive and often leads to self sabotaging behaviours, such as punishing yourself with food, which then repeats the cycle.
    Recognising that a slip has happened and resolving to make a better choice the next day is a healthier approach.
  • lottier0311
    Options
    Sorry i didnt explain the garden thing very well. I was gardening, jet washing, fence painting etc. I was filthy so I didnt go in the house to make some healthy food, we walked and got something else, already cooked and ate it outside. I know there is no excuse, that is why this post is here but I did it all the same...
  • mostaverage
    Options
    Sorry i didnt explain the garden thing very well. I was gardening, jet washing, fence painting etc. I was filthy so I didnt go in the house to make some healthy food, we walked and got something else, already cooked and ate it outside. I know there is no excuse, that is why this post is here but I did it all the same...

Make sure you count in the gardening in your exercise diary - it all helps.
  • lottier0311
    Options
    I'm not sure what id have burnt but i was busy all day both days! Very busy!
  • mostaverage
    Options
    I'm not sure what id have burnt but i was busy all day both days! Very busy!

About 400 cals an hour for me - it's in the exercise diary - gardening, general...HTH
  • RAFValentina
    Options

Guilt isn't productive, it's destructive and often leads to self sabotaging behaviours, such as punishing yourself with food, which then repeats the cycle.
    Recognising that a slip has happened and resolving to make a better choice the next day is a healthier approach.

I beg to differ, I know many people, myself included that do find guilt productive...probably because we have a grip on our emotions (and I think the OP does-she seems pragmatic) and won't confuse them with other things... I would never equate feeling guilty to allowing myself to eat more, and yes I would "punish" myself for it because I should be to promote learning that I shouldn't do that... that's how kids are taught...do something naughty and suffer the consequences. In this case, possibly an extra gym session, a day of no treats, lower calorie intake and very clean eating. It's not exactly hard ... People who can't feel guilty as a way of getting back on the wagon and see it as a reason or rather, EXCUSE, to continue eating more clearly have to grow up as is a child's mentality. We're all adults here, I'm not going to baby anyone on here, this lady knows what she's doing, and I'm giving her the tough love approach, she'll do just fine as she herself had identified the issue and is back on it today... she only went off for a day or two, she'll be just fine and has the right attitude.
  • mostaverage
    Options

I beg to differ, I know many people, myself included that do find guilt productive...probably because we have a grip on our emotions (and I think the OP does-she seems pragmatic) and won't confuse them with other things... I would never equate feeling guilty to allowing myself to eat more, and yes I would "punish" myself for it because I should be to promote learning that I shouldn't do that... that's how kids are taught...do something naughty and suffer the consequences. In this case, possibly an extra gym session, a day of no treats, lower calorie intake and very clean eating. It's not exactly hard ... People who can't feel guilty as a way of getting back on the wagon and see it as a reason or rather, EXCUSE, to continue eating more clearly have to grow up as is a child's mentality. We're all adults here, I'm not going to baby anyone on here, this lady knows what she's doing, and I'm giving her the tough love approach, she'll do just fine as she herself had identified the issue and is back on it today... she only went off for a day or two, she'll be just fine and has the right attitude.

True. I'm only just reaching the place where if I slip I rectify it with an extra swim/gym/run but the 20 years before this point was a very different story. My consequence of being "naughty" was to compound the problem with more food, more guilt, less self respect and so on and so on...until the high street shops don't stock your size. Whether that was a childish attitude or whether it was result of upbringing, schooling and religious overtones who's to say, I guess a therapist would!
    Whatever our differing approach to support, I hope the OP gets something positive out the thread.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I personally have been doing the whole "oh well, i'll recover tomorrow" and been doing that for years and you know what, thats what made me obese. I'm not saying that you should but I personally get angry over my lack of control and if I endup binging, I try to workout the same day or the first thing in the morning to recover some, if not all of it.

Just my way of thinking now, I'm done feeling sorry for myself, I refuse to say "oh well, cant do anything about it now". I refuse to let even a single weakness go by without telling myself its not ok and I refuse to just let it recover over time, no time like right now

PS. Sorry if I sounded harsh, just trying to convey my mentality and I understand it might not work for you. I still wish everybody good health