Started Couch to 5k last night...

Options
I started at week 4, as I have been doing interval training for a few months now....the last 5 minute run was pretty tough but overall not too bad!

Only thing is though, my usual workout is 40 mins cardio and the C25K was only 27 minutes so for the last 13 minutes I did uphill walking.

Overall a thoroughly decent workout!

Now today I am venturing outside for my first proper outdoor run in my lunch hour, eeeek!!

Replies

• mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good work! You might find you prefer the great outdoors, you don't overheat in the fresh air! Enjoy!
  • scullyuk06
    Options
    I am on week 7 and love it. Week's 5 & 6 really push you forward in terms of stamina so just take it easy and enjoy each accomplishment!
  • YvetteRoy
    YvetteRoy Posts: 13
    Options
    Keep it up! I can't wait to get back outside for some fresh air! I started my journey last summer walking trails behind my kids school while they were at summer soccer practice and feel in love with it. I used to be in really good shape when I was a teenager but have always had a bad knee so as I have gotten older I have avoided anything high impact because of the pain. So naturally after a month or so of brisk walking and slow jogging I hurt BOTH my knees and was forced to take it easy the last couple of good weather months that we had here in upstate NY. I have been building up my endurance on the treadmill all winter long and am thoroughly looking forward to getting back out into nature.