Hello Everyone :smile:

Options
Hello MFP People

My name is Jason and I am 40 years old and I am from Berkshire, UK. I started two weeks with the Sainsbury diet and MFP App And weighed 17st 11lb. After 2 weeks of hard work I have lost 10lb.

My goal is to reach 13st 5lb. Also I am planning to walk up Scafells Pike in April, Snowdon in May and Ben Nevis In June. And if I survive all of them I would like to train and TRY and do the 3 Peaks Challenge for Charity.

So any advice, support or friends would great.

Replies

• chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i did ben nevis 2 years ago, was very hard work but well worth it, it was just a spur of the moment thing, it wasnt planned so we had no training or anything prior, i hadnt done alot of exercise for a few months so you can imagine what i was like after, i couldnt walk proper for about 3 days, but im still glad i did it, it was breath taking at the top, so my advice to you would be to do some sort of training beforehand, so you dont finish up walking like john wayne too. also take something warm, it was june when we did it and it was summer at the bottom and a blizzard at the top. good luck and enjoy.
  • clarispent
    clarispent Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome goals! I am about to hit 40 and am all about getting fit to do things in the real world, not just the gym, and not just to be thin/look better. Love hiking--don't get to do much of that here since moving to the Netherlands! Would love to follow your journey. It will be inspiring!
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Berkshire!!!!

I'm hoping to climb Snowdon in the summer over a weekend, then maybe do Ben Nevis after that...lets see how Snowdon goes first!!!
  • JasonKey147
    Options
    Hi, I live in Newbury and from Llandudno North Wales. I done snowdon when i was younger it was great. They now have a new cafe at the top. Is only open from May I think. Good luck kepp us posted on how you do.
  • JasonKey147
    Options
    Hi Clarispent. Thanks 40 Just a number I hope. I've caught the hiking bug again recently love it. Since I've got 2 dogs I love even more. The dogs are lucky they will not be coming up the mountains. Unlucky you do not get to do much hiking. Your more than welcome to follow, you could come along!!!
  • JasonKey147
    Options
    Hi Chunk1691, thanks for the advice. Yes I am deffo going to train for all of them. have started already, I am doing Scafells Pike in April so started to train everyday hopefully - body permitted.
  • jpaclibar
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm also a newbie here.. see you on board.
  • jamessmith1973
    Options
    hi :smile: