If you're 5'9" what's your weight goal

Options
Hah, based off the other threads...

Replies

• shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm between 5'9" and 5'10" and right now my goal is 179. I was at 224 at my heaviest so I want to see what 45 lbs looks like before I go for more. I have a somewhat bigger frame so I don't want to get too skinny where I look sick.
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    Mine is 128. I have a small frame, though, and I'm trying to get into triathlon shape.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My BMI range is 125.3 to 169.3.

My doctor & I agreed 148 is my best weight.

I'm shooting for that, by Halloween! :laugh:

Good luck to you too! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • nickiebb
    nickiebb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mine is 164. When I get there, I'll reevaluate. I have a large frame and am fairly muscular. I too am training to triathlon! :smile:

Nickie

216974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amykati
    amykati Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine is 165. I don't want to be too skinny.
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    Mine is 164. When I get there, I'll reevaluate. I have a large frame and am fairly muscular. I too am training to triathlon! :smile:

Nickie

216974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Awesome!!!!
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and have a large frame. Right now, I'm shooting for 185 and then will see from there. At 185, I looked pretty good. My sister is 5'7" and is shooting for 165. She has had her body fat measured by using a water tank and I think she has a pretty good handle on her weight. Oh, she was a professional athelete when she was younger and is now a firefighter. So, so she is very muscular. More so than I am. But, I remember hearing to add 10 pounds for every inch in height. So, that is how I came up with 185 as my starting point. But, since she is more muscular than I am, I figure I can probably get lower, but, not sure exactly how much lower, since we are both large frames.

My overall plan is once I get to 185, I'm going to drop to trying to lose 1 pound a week and just see what happens. If I make it into the "healthy" range for BMI, then I'll go to trying to lose .5 a week and see if I go any lower, but will basically consider myself in "maintenance".
  • flipflopgirl72
    Options
    I feel most comfortable around 155 so that is my goal for now. I am a medium build with a lot of previous muscle that I am hoping to rebuild.
  • maree
    maree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to be 155 as well! :happy:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I'm aiming for 160 because have a large frame (wrist size is 6 1/4"). But I intend to discuss it with my doctor this friday and see what she thinks as well as reassessing when I get closer, probably when I hit 200, I'll think on what my true goals are.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", I'm 174, aiming for 150!:flowerforyou:
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5'9" -5'10" I'm setting my goal for 189, but that's simply because I started out at 300+ when I started eating healthy and exercising. I'm sure once I hit that goal, I'll want to go just a little further..

-Ian
  • Mariettarose
    Options
    I'm shooting for 145 based on body fat percentages. I originally wanted to go lower but that won't work with my frame I guess since I would have to be at about 2% body fat to get where I was heading. I am really starting to believe that number thing is just that...only a number. The body fat percentages and health are more important. I can be at a healthy body fat at 145. Doing my research helped set a realistic goal for myself.

Wish I could get the tank test...