Your gym routine...

Options
I usually walk on the treadmill at about 3.5mph for 20-25 mins, then I do the elliptical for about ten mins, and then I lift weights and try to target all my muscles, but I feel like I'm not getting results.

What exercises do you do at the gym? Are you seeing results??

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I usually find a class each day that I like and it varies (sometimes step, sometimes zumba, body attack which is aerobics, body combat which is aerobic kickboxing) and then am slowly working my running up minute by minute each day, so spend 30 minutes on a treadmill, some of it running at 7.5 mph and then once I hit my minutes, walking the rest at 4.5. A lot of the classes I take do a lot of weights and plyometrics, so I don't hit the weights too often except on my off days.

Oh yeah, and results? Well, I have noticed that since the running, my legs are starting to get more tone and my endurance is a lot longer. Good feeling.
  • Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    I have only been at it for 4 weeks, or so. Buit, I do body pump three days a week and 30 minutes of elliptical after. On the other days I do one hour of cardio....elliptical for 30, walk at 3.5 with 8.5 incline for 20 minutes and stairmaster for 10 at 4 or 5 speed. I also switch out with cycling at home at 17-19 mph for 15-20 miles. So far so good, I guess.
  • jess412
    jess412 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have only been at it for 4 weeks, or so. Buit, I do body pump three days a week and 30 minutes of elliptical after. On the other days I do one hour of cardio....elliptical for 30, walk at 3.5 with 8.5 incline for 20 minutes and stairmaster for 10 at 4 or 5 speed. I also switch out with cycling at home at 17-19 mph for 15-20 miles. So far so good, I guess.

Wow, it seems to be working for you!! I may have to change my gym routine...thanks!! :smile:
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    I do spin class on some days, weighlifting on others, along with random workouts mixed in there. Can you maybe increase your speed on the treadmill to a light jog? You need to make sure your heart rate is up high enough (but not too high!)
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Variety keeps your muscles working in different ways. The more ways you work them, the more fat you burn. Always changing prevents that dreaded plateau!!

:flowerforyou: