only 250 calories left! Help!

Options
I went to breakfast today with a friend...and it took up about 800 calories! It was organic and low fat but very high in calories.

I only have 250 calories left to eat all day....I have no time to exercise because I work 3-10pm. What do i eat??:angry:

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    can of tuna fish with either crackers or sugar free relish?
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Try a pouch of Starkist tuna (80 cals) mixed with 2 T of light Kraft Mayo (90 cals) and as much lettuce/salad mix as ya like (2 cups has only 35 cals or so). I LOOOOVE this meal! Great protein, and filling. :smile:
  • woodward927501
    woodward927501 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    cup of cottage cheese witha cup of cherry tomatoes
  • AJRum
    AJRum Posts: 10
    Options
    A can of Campbells Select Harvest soup, the Veggie has only 50 calories per cup, you can eat the whole can, for only 100 calories! the Italian Style wedding soup has 110 per cup, so you could even eat the whole can for only 220 calories. Or you could have a Healthy choice frozen meal?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I pray you are not just eating 1050 in cals for the whole day.

If I had 250 in cals for the rest of the day I would have 3 oz of chicken, a bunch of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and still have enough left over for for a few pretzel chips and hummus!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I went to breakfast today with a friend...and it took up about 800 calories! It was organic and low fat but very high in calories.

I only have 250 calories left to eat all day....I have no time to exercise because I work 3-10pm. What do i eat??:angry:

But that will only put your daily cals at 1050. I thought that one shouldn't go below 1200. So, if you make 1200 for today you actually have 400 cals left.

Hope this helps.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Try a pouch of Starkist tuna (80 cals) mixed with 2 T of light Kraft Mayo (90 cals) and as much lettuce/salad mix as ya like (2 cups has only 35 cals or so). I LOOOOVE this meal! Great protein, and filling. :smile:

OMG I eat this almost everyday for one meal or another because it's so low in calories. I mix mine with 1/2 T of Miracle Whip Lite and throw in a couple sliced green olives. Then I get a fork and dig in. LOL
  • EvieMarie
    EvieMarie Posts: 1
    Options
    Salad. Simple mixed greens, a tomato, maybe throw in some chopped carrot. Add a vinegarette dressing and you may have enough calories left to eat this again after work too!
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    Subway's Turkey 6" on wheat, no mayo no cheese w/ vinegar, tomato, lettuce & pickles= 280 cal.

If you are staying UNDER 1200 cal per day, that is signaling your body to start preparing for starvation- That will slow your metabolism and you'll end up holding on to any excess fat instead of losing. PLEASE eat at LEAST 1200 cal per day!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

But that will only put your daily cals at 1050. I thought that one shouldn't go below 1200. So, if you make 1200 for today you actually have 400 cals left.

Hope this helps.
    Yeah I didn't think it added up....You should have 400 left if your doing 1,200. Anything else will put you into starvation mode!
  • twocats
    twocats Posts: 31
    Options
    When I need a high impact, low cal dinner I broil 4-6 oz of fish (flounder, tilapia, haddock) and steam fresh veggies - 2-3 cups - broccoli, green beans, what have you and add 1/2 cup brown rice.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options

OMG I eat this almost everyday for one meal or another because it's so low in calories. I mix mine with 1/2 T of Miracle Whip Lite and throw in a couple sliced green olives. Then I get a fork and dig in. LOL

Ooooh I haven't tried green olives, and I love them! Now you've got me going in a new direction.... :bigsmile:

Can a person eat TOO MUCH tuna? Cuz I'd love to eat it every day, sometimes more than once. :huh:
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    thats just my breakfast that was 800 calories...i had 500 for lunch
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Ooooh I haven't tried green olives, and I love them! Now you've got me going in a new direction.... :bigsmile:

Can a person eat TOO MUCH tuna? Cuz I'd love to eat it every day, sometimes more than once. :huh:

every day about 1 hour before a workout, that is what I eat, ITs my 4:30 snack at work.. I love it! minus the green olives
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I am the same way, wondering the same thing about tuna. I do seriously eat it once a day at minimum and like you could eat it multiple times a day. I think you'd want to back off a bit if you were pregnant or wanting to get pregnant because of the mercury. Other then that I'd say we're good! :drinker: