Victorious Victoria Day Fitness Challenge April 7th

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
A new week, a clean slate, new challenges.

Last week I got all my challenges - only one dessert, 2 hours of weights, and slowing down the eating. I can't tell you guys how much the slowing down has helped me. Actually, I can tell you: last weekend I went to Dallas and didn't log calories, went out to eat, but still exercised (about 500 calories worth). I knew when to stop eating! No weight gain so far - maybe a little loss even.

So, I get one reward. I'm going to save it until I have a few rewards, then I order from Amazon. Getting 2 hours of weights in is harder than I thought. I'm going to do the BL weights today, now that my butt has finally recovered from the lunges. I might do Intermediate yoga as well to compare Viviakay's HRM with mine.

Next week I might add gardening in to the challenge. My yard needs it.

Happy Workouts everyone!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    Options
    A new week, a clean slate, new challenges.

Last week I got all my challenges - only one dessert, 2 hours of weights, and slowing down the eating. I can't tell you guys how much the slowing down has helped me. Actually, I can tell you: last weekend I went to Dallas and didn't log calories, went out to eat, but still exercised (about 500 calories worth). I knew when to stop eating! No weight gain so far - maybe a little loss even.

So, I get one reward. I'm going to save it until I have a few rewards, then I order from Amazon. Getting 2 hours of weights in is harder than I thought. I'm going to do the BL weights today, now that my butt has finally recovered from the lunges. I might do Intermediate yoga as well to compare Viviakay's HRM with mine.

Next week I might add gardening in to the challenge. My yard needs it.

Happy Workouts everyone!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is spinning, and walking and a weights class. (very curious to see what weight training burns)

I once again wore my HRM during a yoga DVD, and I've decided not to even count yoga as a calorie-burner anymore. In 20 minutes, it was 38 calories. It's interesting, that even though I love (LOVE) yoga, I had a moment of "well, this isn't even worth doing." Maybe if I can get back to a class, I'll find I move more. I just don't think my heart rate elevates. I've found out I burn a lot more calories walking than I thought (about double) and spinning (also about double). I can't wait to try the elliptical, and see what I get there, so it evens out. . .

Happy Monday, all!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I seem to have found the solution to my problem. I was in a rut. :frown: I decided to up my calories from 1200 to 1400 and also change up my exercise. I've lost 5 pounds in the past two weeks and five more inches too. :bigsmile: I am still taking weekends off from routine exercise.

I'm gonna stick with Hip Hop Abs for a month. I can honestly say that I can feel the affects of working different muscle groups but am sure I will return to the Biggest Loser DVD.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Interesting updates.

I'm doing well with eating slowly and mindfully as well, except had a setback last night, munching away in front of the TV. I felt badly afterwards.

But like Mary says, new week, fresh new start.

This week I'm going to continue my goals:

1. Eat slowly and mindfully
    2. Swim 3x this week
    3. Stretch before email
    4. More yoga
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    So, just to report, my biggest loser DVDs came today.

I did both of them, which I have reason to believe I'll regret tomorrow.:tongue:

Both DVDs totaled: 648 calories. I was saying many, many bad words.:wink:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    So, just to report, my biggest loser DVDs came today.

I did both of them, which I have reason to believe I'll regret tomorrow.:tongue:

Both DVDs totaled: 648 calories. I was saying many, many bad words.:wink:

Have to know - did you do 2 hours of working out on video, your spinning class, weight class, and walking?