Cauliflower Fried "Rice"

Options
2»

Replies

• shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I will have to try that! I like rice but love cauliflower and brought home 3 heads yesterday from work that were still good but not sellable pretty!
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Plus it is lower in calories then rice! Another plus!:smile:
  • healthbunny
    Options
    Sounds delish!!!! :flowerforyou: I'm trying a cauliflower pizza base tonight, this is next on my list!
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    DOING this! yummy, thanks =)
    I'll have to veganise it though... thinking either soy chunks or scrambled tofu...
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I now want cauliflower, and rice, and gravy.
  • valwes04
    valwes04 Posts: 58
    Options
    Bumpity Bump... Sounds Yum!
  • sangeetanb
    Options
    Why not just eat the rice?

Because cauliflower is a god amongst vegetables.

Could not have said it better!!!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Ive used it for "rice" a few times, infact I did it last night. Its ok, for 4 cups of cauliflower vs 4 cups of rice, you can save 500 or so calories in a recipe not really huge if your talking about dividing that by 4, but every bit helps.

Last night I simmered 2 chicken breasts in 1 can of black beans with liquids, 1 can of corn with its liquid, 1 cup of salsa, removed the chicken once cooked, shredded it and put it back, and the stirred in 8 oz of Fat free cream cheese, served over the "cauliflower rice" for a good size bowl of this mexi chicken, it was 297 calories plus 25 for a cup of the cauliflower rice.

not trying to jack the thread. sorry.

It may not be anywhere as good as real rice, but saving 125 calories in your supper could almost let you eat a serving of ice cream.
  • m_snow
    m_snow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump - awesome!