Protein Drinks

Options
What is the favorite among protein drinks as far as taste, calories and carbs??? I just bought my first and its yucky! And I think it is like 38 carbs per scoop.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    What is the favorite among protein drinks as far as taste, calories and carbs??? I just bought my first and its yucky! And I think it is like 38 carbs per scoop.
    You sure that's not a weight gainer?
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have tried various flavors of Muscle Milk and I personally prefer the Vanilla Creme (and if I remember correctly but don't hold me to it since it's been over a year since I've had this next flavor) Cookies & Creme. But it's 150 calories, 6g fat, 9g carbs and 16g protein per scoop.
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Right Size. drink it twice a day for months now
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Way too many carbs IMO... Carbs are way to easy to get in so I would avoid anything with this many personally...how many grams of protein does it have?

I use body fortress (which has mixed reviews) but its cheaper and seems to be working for me..26 g protein per scoop and 3 carbs...it tastes wonderful to me but I mix lots of yummy stuff in it like pumpkin purée or strawberries and blend with my immersion blender! If u add a little xanthum gum or pudding mix it gets really creamy and good..just like a milk shake!!

I even make "cakes" out of my protein in the morning with oatmeal blended in an just a little water..stick the bowl I mixed it in in the microwave for 2 min...just like heaven!!!!
  • GHOSTNYOURMIDST
    Options
    As far as taste goes I like "Designer whey protein" just make sure it's mixed well.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Fitnessocial: I'm not sure. How can I tell? I picked it out at wal-mart. I'll have to look. I have never bought one before so I wasn't sure what I was doing. :)
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    You sure that's not a weight gainer?

Sounds like it to me - my progain has 34g per scoop
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Fitnessocial: I'm not sure. How can I tell? I picked it out at wal-mart. I'll have to look. I have never bought one before so I wasn't sure what I was doing. :)

What make and type is it?

There should be somewhere on the tub it describes the effects and what it is for.

If you are just after protein there are plenty of discount stores online where you can buy stuff that is like 90% protein, very little else.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am also a user of Body Fortress (chocolate) from walmart. My wife and myself have it every morning for breakfast and I have it after my workouts to.
  • mocoworm
    mocoworm Posts: 31
    Options
    This is supposed to be real good:

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/true_whey

Chocolate Mint flavour as well.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Reflex Nutrition do fantastic Whey, their mint choc tastes like an aero and the profile is great. Low carbs and 80% proteint in the instant whey.

Echo supplements is great on-line for Reflex prices.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    syntha-6 all the way. A bit higher in fat and carbs than other powders, but for taste and consistency I have yet to find anything better.
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lovely time finding protein. I can't use suger subs period and just about everything on the market has them. I bought spiru-tein yesterday to try. It had mixed reviews but working with limited products I"m hoping for the best.
  • star87cc
    star87cc Posts: 63
    Options
    I spent ages looking into this and I now have Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle Protein Powder :) its reasonably priced! it tastes great! even just mixed with water (mixes in a shaker perfectly too) it has no carbs, no sugars and high protein levels :) 23g of protein and 100 cal per scoop :) I've mixed it with greek yoghurt too for maximum taste and protein without the sugars it makes like a chocolate mousse/whip! Yum! :)
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I take one called ProFIT. Its actually very yummy and I can take it with just unsweetened coconut milk on days when i dont have time to actually add in anything like fruit etc. Only 100 calories, 14g protein, and 1gr sugar per serving. All in all it is well balanced and moderately priced.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    im on phd diet whey, and it is AMAZING!! belgium chocolate is to die for, and gives me my chocolate fix. strawberry and vanilla are also yummy!
  • emeraldowl
    emeraldowl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love the My Protein - True Whey in Velvet Vanilla. I mix it with water and it tastes creamy and not too sweet.

1 scoop (25g)
    98 cals
    2g carbs
    2g fat
    19g protein
    2g sugar
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    For a low carb shake, try EAS Whey Protein Vanilla... 130cals, 2g net carbs (3g carbs, 1g fiber), 23g protein. It's pretty tasty, I mix it with almond milk or almond/coconut milk in a blender. Sometimes I use the 0 calorie Welsley farms chocolate sauce too!

For a little bit higher in carbs, but full of vitamins, you can use the Alive! Apple Cinnamon Soy protein shake which is 120cals, 10g net carbs (13g carbs, 3 fiber), and 16g protein.

And I know somebody already mentioned it, but the Body Fortress brand that Wal-Mart sells is really good too and priced very well. I have EAS because BJs Wholesale sells 5lb bags for $30.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    keep the suggestion coming... i myself am thinking of getting a protein powder as i have a very hard time getting protein in my diet it seems...i just hear of so many being yucky.. i don;t want to waste money getting one that sucks!
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm liking this thread and all the recipes. Thinking about getting protein powder just to get that extra bit of protein I am lacking in my meals.
    Can anyone tell me the benefits of getting more protein in your diet though?