is the 30 day shred enough?

Options
Hey all,

I just recently started the 30 day shred && was wondering if when you were doing it you were doing much other exercise?
I am doing the shred plus walks every second day && there are certain exercise classes i have to do with school (either choose out of zumba, body balance, or pump).

:)

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    wooo, i'm a thread killer before it even begins (:
  • TiltingAtWindmills
    TiltingAtWindmills Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    While 30 Day Shred is kicking my butt (just 4 days in... it's getting a little easier), it doesn't feel like enough by itself, does it? Personally, I need more cardio and abs than Shred offers. It's the strength that's testing me. I add 40 minutes of something active to my routine depending upon how I feel (usually Zumba, a walk, or biking). I also do extra abs because I'm not getting enough in level one (but the rest of me isn't strong enough for level 2). Basically, I like to add 40 minutes of some sort of activity to my routine.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I add it in to my routine so I am spending the same amount of time on cardio as I normally do
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS, in late Feb. I did 10 days straight at level 1 took a day off did 4 days straight at level 2 took a day off and now I am on day 6. I don't think I will be moving on to level 3 anytime soon, I am also changing my tactic to 6 days a week instead of every day. I also go on walks about 3-4 times a week. I have lost a pants size since starting and I am definitely seeing results in the toning of my body. It works for me but I think you will have to test it out and see if it works for you and add more to your work out if you need to. Good Luck!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I did way more cardio because I wanted to eat :-D
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS on Mon, Wed, and Fri. On Tues. and Thurs. I do a short cardio workout, and on the weekends I go to power yoga and do P90X.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I pair mine up with a walk or zumba, or both. :) I'm on level two now and it is NO JOKE, but I do still feel like 20 minutes isn't enough.
  • Ashley3915
    Ashley3915 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do the 30DS in the mornings prior to work and then I do my regular workout routine at night time. I find the shred is not enough for cardio.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I did way more cardio because I wanted to eat :-D

I sooooo relate to this! And that's why I've been adding a second exersize session to my day whenever I can... :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering about this very same thing. Great minds think alike. I do Zumba everyday and I was wondering if I should stop that to do the shred. I will now just add it to my routine.
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    I was wondering this as well!

I am five days into level 1, I have done it every day and have also been swimming, horse riding and running... not sure if this is sustainable though reading what has been said in other posts about levels two and three! I want to try and keep a mixture going though?!
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 13/Level 2. And I have been doing 30DS EVERYDAY and on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday I do Zumba. Just like everyone said doing the 30DS isnt enough for me. I hope I am one of those ones that will loose "up to 20lbs" on this 30DS plus adding my other workouts. I wish you the best. :smile:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have to say if you're looking to lose lbs than you need to do more cardio, I've only lost inches from doing only the 30DS for level 1 & 2....so now i'm doing level 3 every other day and doing classes at the gym and cardio everyday