To weigh or not to weigh

Options
Hi everyone,

I was at the gym today and was considering using the scale in the locker room. Friday is my check-in day but i sometimes weigh one addictional time a week, just for motivation. My question is, should I weigh myself after working out? I usually keep pretty well hydrated during my workouts but I know the best time to weigh is in the AM (which is what I normally do). I decided not to weigh myself because I was afraid it would be too inaccurate and I would get discouraged. Do any of you weigh yourself at the gym? Does it matter if you weigh before or after a workout? Thanks!!

~Brenda

244665.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

My Blog:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blogs/jerzgrl03

Replies

• hlawson4
    hlawson4 Posts: 14
    Options
    I used to work at Curves and we would measure BEFORe working out cause when you workout your mucles swell so i dont know if that would make you heavier.. But i usually weigh first thing in the morning!!
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you measure after a workout it could be off because you lost water weight. Weighing before and after a workout is a good way to see if you are staying well hydrated during the workout.
  • jacqevans
    jacqevans Posts: 1
    Options
    If you are wanting to just track your weight lost, it doesn't matter when you weigh yourself, just make sure it is the same time every day. If you want to weigh yourself after workouts, then do it every time. Or, just stick to mornings. To accurately guage weight loss you have to compare apples to apples.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    you will always be heavier after a work out, especially if you're doing a good job staying hydrated.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Always do it first in the am, buck naked, before you've had anything to drink or eat. Personally, I find the scale ordeal too much for me, it sets me to a miserable start to my day, so I just go by how my clothes feel and keep working out hard!