ROCKTAPE, has anyone tried it?

misssuperstitious
misssuperstitious Posts: 178
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm thinking it might be helpful for the wee bit of Plantar fasciitis I still have:
http://rocktape.com/

Replies

• emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    I tape my shins every now and then, but I've never seen this stuff--seems pretty cool! Much prettier at least than the basic white :happy:
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    I've not personally used it, but have researched it a little so see if it may help with shin splints when I start running, if I cannot find a solution through better shoes or form.

One of the big things I've read is to first see a physical therapist who can show you the proper way to apply it for your specific issue. Once you've gotten it down from them, you should be able to apply it yourself in the future.

• One of the big things I've read is to first see a physical therapist who can show you the proper way to apply it for your specific issue. Once you've gotten it down from them, you should be able to apply it yourself in the future.
    Yep, good advice. I'm a pro at taping, as I've spent a lot of years in Sports Med being taped. I did double check about a month ago to make sure I'm still doing it right. I've been using a lot of "normal" athletic tapes, but I've never tried this kind of stuff....really tempted!

PS: I had to be taped for shin splints in college track, it does help!
  • jeremynel
    jeremynel Posts: 1 Member
    This looks fairly similar to KT Tape, which I started using a few weeks ago for Running and Plyometrics workouts. It has been amazing for the knee pain I get.

http://www.kttape.com/
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Rocktape is a good one and generally a little more waterproof.. but kinesiotape works just as well and is readily available. I recommend them both. Use them for running, swimming, water polo on my knee and it does wonders! Also post workout for swelling!!!
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    I never noticed a change when my chiropractor used it on my back and when I finally ended up going to a doctor for something for the pain the doctor laughed at it. Wasn't sure how to take that. What I do know is no matter how much I don't like taking pills the anti-inflammatory medication has gotten completely rid of plantar fascitis in one of my feet and it is nearly gone in the other.
  • ezrida
    ezrida Posts: 36
    Hi
    I have plantar fasciitis myself for a few months now. My podiatrist prescribed me with Custom made orthotics which did not work at all. I understood that treatment efficiency is very individual. If something works for one it will not always work for the other.
    Although I did not try the specific brand I have found Taping very useful. Taping helps to relieve the pain, keeps your foot from getting injured again and helps you get through your daily routine and exercises. There is a good web-page explaining the subject in this informative website-
    http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/plantar_fasciitis_taping.html
    Take care & Good luck
  • Ezrida does have some great info, his taping has actually got me this far with the PF. I've been doing it since the beginning of the year and it's made it go away by about 95% (as long as I still use my custom orthotics).

I just thought the Rocktape sounded cool, so I went to running room and got some. I put it on this morning, and so far so good. This will be a great test because after working all day, I'm going home and running 10 miles. I"ll keep you posted!
  • Ok, I'm drinking the koolaid on this one, my feet were FAST tonight with the Rocktape on...first time in forever they haven't gone numb on me ;)
  • fattires
    fattires Posts: 1 Member
    FREE Rocktape sample - email dale@rocktape.com
This discussion has been closed.