Day light savings is . . .

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
So I wasn't having the best of days and posted this on my wall . . . it seems to have gotten some response and decided to expand the fun.

Day light savings is about as fun as _________

my vote is "a root canal."

;:noway:

Replies

• tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Daylight savings is a pain in the butt.
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It has me so screwed up! lol I'm just glad I didn't have work the next day, I worked 14 hours the day before and would have worked the same the next day.
  • Sytera
    Sytera Posts: 75
    Options
    awesome! I love it being light out later at night. I love my 7 year old sleeping in a little later because the sun isn't in his windows as early. It is so nice to get home from his karate and it still being light enough to do stuff outside.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    jet lag

cuz that's essentially what it is...WHY do we still need this crap?
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Nice! I hated it yesterday cause I was so tired. But it was nice that it was still light out a few hours after I got home.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Nice! I hated it yesterday cause I was so tired. But it was nice that it was still light out a few hours after I got home.
    My husband LOVES this aspect of it. I, however, hate waking up for work in the dark now. That shiz should be illegal. I'm sure it's against my religion or something....
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i love Day light savings time...
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am LOVING daylight savings!! An extra hour of daylight to enjoy playing outside and the kids actually let me sleep in until 8am today. Whats not to love?!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    as fun as ......painful rectal itch.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    ...about as fun as telling my boss to shove it! lol
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    It's awful.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    an ingrown toe nail
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Daylight savings gains you neither daylight, nor savings.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I get to work in the dark, regardless of daylight savings time. However, now I get to ride & run in the daylight when I get home! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    It's definitely thrown me off. I've overslept the past 2 days because my body says "still dark out? still sleeping."

And my 5 year old feels the same way. This morning he literally said "It's still dark outside, why am I getting up? I'm going back to sleep, leave me alone." I feel ya, kid, I feel ya.
  • Jessicaga82
    Jessicaga82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate feeling about it! I love that my daughter sleeps in a little later but I hate that she now stays up later! Not to mention the fact that I stay up way later!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Day light savings is about as fun as a wagon train.

Day light savings is about as fun as small pox.

It's outdated. It probably made sense back in the wagon train and small pox days. But it doesn't at all anymore.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority! I love Daylight Saving Time because I finally have enough daylight to exercise outdoors on weekdays again. No more holing up in my gloomy basement with an exercise video after I get off work in the evening. I'll be hitting the trails almost daily now, getting a ton of fresh air and vitamin D!

As evidenced by my screen name, I'm a morning person. I have a much harder time with the return to standard time in the fall. I find myself awake at 4:00 a.m. and wanting to go to bed at 8:30 p.m. Also, when we turn clocks back in the fall, it's always DARK in my life. It's dark when I commute to work in the morning, it's dark all day in my windowless office and it's dark again when I get off work at 5:00.

So... yay for DST! :bigsmile:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Eventually worth it.
    Sucks dealing with it at first but after awhile I adjust. Gives me time to do things around the house after getting home from work.

Now going back off day light savings time is even worse!
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    A pap smear