Hummus

Options
2»

Replies

• aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Almost anything. Carrots are a favorite and I like it with FlatOut Multigrain chips.

I've never seen Flat Out chips. I'll have to look for those. I do have some pita chips at home though.
  • lnicole1625
    lnicole1625 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I usually eat mine with pita bread, but the other day I dipped goldfish in it. Yummy! I am going to try it with carrot sticks today.
  • AUNIkki
    AUNIkki Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Any veggies work for me, even raw sugar snap peas. I also love the roasted red pepper hummus with Special K multi-grain crackers.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Wow the flat outs are really low in cals/fat. I'll have to get some this weekend.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Red, green, yellow bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, toasted whole grain pita, toasted pumpernickel. I use it as a spread for sandwiches and wraps, its great on an egg sandwich!

I mix it with a bit of Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt to make it go farther sometimes and its a good marinade on Salmon and chicken that way!
  • TheAliCrock
    TheAliCrock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Caramelised onion hummous with cucumber on rye crackers (ryvita) is one of my default snacks. Mmmmmm.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has some AWESOME flavors of hummus; My favorite is cilantro jalapeno.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    herb pita chips
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I buy either Sabra or Athenos brand roasted red pepper and eat it with baby carrots. It's amazing!
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Put a few tablespoons on your salad and mix it all up (rather than dressing)...add some diced chicken and any other veg perhaps a few olives and you have the perfect (and very filling) lunch....just had it today!!!! Yum yum
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love to eat any vegetable with hummus. Especially, red bell peppers.

Have you tried to make your own hummus? It is super easy and so much better.