Running Socks

Options
What are your favorite pairs and why? I need to invest in some to get rid of these recurring black toenails and blisters!

Replies

• joeabo
    joeabo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a pair at my local sports authority. Ive seen a big difference with how my feet feel during and after running. bottom line great investment.
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My favorites are my husbands Nike running socks they make a huge difference. They are tall socks but my they are heavenly!
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Socks are pretty much trial and error. Some are foot specific i.e: a left and a right. I don't like them to be too loose, around the toes especially. In winter Merino wool running socks are great. Try some Vaseline to prevent blisters.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I wear NIKE runners socks and swear by them. Nice big webbing built in for ventilation. I also wear New Balance 400 running shoes which also have large web pockets. I can run with this combo for an hour straight and my feet stay cool and dry. That is key for me! I can't stand wet hot feet. It saps your energy like you wouldn't believe!!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback!
  • willismack2
    Options
    I wear Asics and Nike. I like that they have L and R marked on each sock so I don't get confused
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like thin ankle socks for running made of dri-FIT material. ex. Dri-FIT Nike socks.
  • RyanPerry2012
    RyanPerry2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Balega Ultra Cushioned Quarter Socks.
    http://www.holabirdsports.com/balega-ultra-cushioned-quarter-socks-men.html

These made an enormous difference for me, in terms of getting less blisters, keeping my feet cooler while running and not having sweat-soaked feet after a run. I got my first pair a week before my first half-marathon and while my training runs were plagued with blisters, the race was as smooth and painless as ever. I've since worked my way up to half a sock drawer full of them!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I love Injinji running socks... they have a little home for each toe, which helps prevent my between-the-toe blisters. Love 'em!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I like thin ankle socks for running made of dri-FIT material. ex. Dri-FIT Nike socks.

me too, thin, and soft, and not cotton. I like adidas socks right now.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Feetures - I wear the Elite version for long runs! They are all I've worn :-)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Anything thin, tight, and synthetic.

Swiftwicks, zoics and pearl izumis take up the most room in my sock drawer.
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Asics.... although I alwarys lose the left one :-/
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love these.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Injiji toe socks.
    They saved my feet from all sorts of pain!
  • AmandaLou4319
    AmandaLou4319 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The key is non-cotton socks to prevent blisters. This has worked well for me. They can be a bit pricy, so I just wear my non-cotton ones on long runs.
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    I work out in Injinji toe socks or thin liner socks...they end up stinking to high heaven, however...:(
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Balega Hidden Comfort are by far my favorite socks. Better than any other ones I have tried.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I love Asics no show. They are thicker on the back to keep them from pulling into your shoe. You might look at your shoes though - they may be too small if you are getting black toenails. You should have extra room in the toe box. My running shoes are a size larger than my street shoes.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Smartwool PhD socks are the absolute best running socks! I kept reading about them in Runners World and elsewhere but thought "wool?, I don't want wool socks!" But I finally tried them a couple years ago and all the praise is right on. They are designed for year round comfort. The only way to go!