nervous about easter ruining my progress

Options
so...me and my fiance both have big families and holidays are rediculous with tons of amazing food and deserts that i dont need not to mention the metric ton of easter candy they all send home for our son. im realistic i know that day will probably not be a perfect day for my diet. i just dont want to fall back into they way i used to eat.
just wondering if anyone else is concerned about this and what you may have planned to keep you on track .

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    You can maybe track the candy (as it will add up quickly), but as for the food on Easter....days like that I just don't worry. You won't fall back. Get on MFP first thing the next morning and hop back on. And enjoy your day!
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    If it's just one day I wouldn't stress about it - just eat less over the rest of the week so that the weekly total balances out.

I decided at the beginning of this that I didn't want my social life to be affected - I don't want to have to turn down invitations to dinner because I can't eat what's on the plate, and I don't want to be the person at the pub who's drinking water either. So I go out, enjoy myself, and then eat less for the next couple of days to balance out.

That said - try not to go TOTALLY crazy or no amount of eating less the next day will help!

Good luck ;)
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I hear you! My plan is to run in the morning. Usually, when I excercise I don't overeat as much. But, if I do then I will not let it get to me. I will be extra cautious throughout the week. I just want to make sure that a bad day doesn't turn in to a bad week, ect!
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    The weekly calorie tracker on MFP is your best friend - when you check in the morning after your Easter feast and see how your average has shot through the roof you'll want to bring it down again as fast as possible! Really helps stop a naughty day becoming a series of naughty days...
  • shanahtehya
    shanahtehya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    One day or meal will not ruin anything. I would make a plate with a half portion of everything I wanted. Make a set amount of 'junk' to allow yourself , enjoy it! And get back on track the next day.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have totally said im giving up Easter this year. Me and my other half started the no choc, busicuits ets since second week in January, and are not allowed to have any until July. No easter :( But going to have pancakes instead!!

Otherwise, I will turn into the Eastermonster, and eat all the eggs, plus more chocolate all holiday through!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I don't have a big Easter celebration, but the Eggs have REALLY been testing my willpower. I'm going to have a decent sized egg on Easter Sunday and that's all I'm allowed. Compared to last year where I was having an egg every couple of days (yuk) I'll be WAAAY ahead.

I am allowing myself one Cadbury Creme Egg once a fortnight but that's because they are perfection and only available for such a short time!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have a nice meal on Easter Sunday - nothing too great (not like Christmas Day) and I don't bother with Easter eggs for myself. So it shouldn't make much difference unless you allow it to. I might have a Cadbury's cream egg somewhere along the line but at 175 cals it can be worked into some exercise along the way.

If you want an indulgent day (and I mean day, not dayS) then I recommend enjoying yourself, not going on a total binge frenzy, getting straight back to the programme the next day and then working a bit harder on your exercise. : )
    We're all allowed the odd day off.
  • country_bug
    country_bug Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...but I'm not stressing too much about it. I figured the best thing to do is take small size portions and pick the more healthy food items that are there. When dieting we are all going to have a bad day once in awhile. We can't let that hold us back or stress us. Just keep up with what youre doing and if you blow it on Easter just take it in stride and start back up on healthy eating the next day. And boy I know that candy kills me! Especially Reeses...my mom bought a bunch of Reese's the other day and it's s tempting. Once I ate some though and didn't feel guilty...i just ate the serving size and recorded the calories.
    I have faith in you!
  • cherokeebunnie
    cherokeebunnie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would not deprive myself of anything and if you do go over do not beat yourself up for doing so. When it comes to the food and candy just take it in moderation and Just enjoy the holiday.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Easter isn't a big problem for me as I don't have a huge sweet tooth and my Mom usually serves Ham which I hate but I've been through other holidays that were. Christmas and Thanksgiving are very bad for my diet! But, I look at it as being only one day and more important to enjoy the memories being made than stressing over every bite. Just try your best at moderation but above all enjoy yourself and you can get back on it the next day.