tuna

Options
jolinemariem
jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
Ok i love tuna and know that its really good for you too. anyone got some recipes for me to use it?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    Sounds gross, but I swear...me and my son absolutely love this recipe!

I use whole wheat pasta and velveeta cheese to make "mac n cheese", add one can of tuna and a can of corn. I use at least two cups of pasta when i make it. Some people are surprised at this one, but it is absolutely delicious.
  • jolinemariem
    Options
    actually i love mac and cheese and tuna but never thought about corn thats something new
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I make tuna tacos

Use fat free cream cheese, 1 can of tuna drained, 1 can of chiles, 1 taco seasoning packet, mix it together and bring to a soft boil then spoon into tortillias roll em up than place in pan pour salsa over top and more chesse if you like than bake at 350 for 20 min. might sound gross but it sooooo good,

Good luck
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    TUNA STUFFED CHEESY TOP BELLPEPPERS

6 large bell peppers, colour of your choice
    1 pinch salt and pepper
    3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    1 lb tuna in water
    sharp cheddar cheese, grated
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    Directions
    1Strain tuna and mix with lemon, salt and pepper.
    2Wash and slice peppers in half and remove seeds. Fill peppers with tuna mixture.
    3Grate and crumble generous portions of the cheese over the tuna peppers.
    4Drizzle a baking tray with olive oil and place peppers in this under a medium heat broiler for several minutes until the cheese in browned and bubbling.
    5Serve with a small side salad.
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Marinade fresh or frozen (thawed) ahi tuna steaks in soy sauce, green onion and minced garlic for about an hour, then seer 3 min per side.
  • jolinemariem
    Options
    thanx everyone i tried the mac and cheese with corn tuna and i added onion soo good.
    it think ill try the tuna tacos next and if iliked peppers i think i would love that recipe sorry but thanx for the recipe:smile:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    TUNA STUFFED CHEESY TOP BELLPEPPERS - The recipe sounds awesome - definitely going to try. A lot healthier than the mac 'n cheese one. Thanks!
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    Boil A couple of cups of pasta and boil 2 eggs. when they are ready drain, shell the eggs cut them up and mix them into the pasta, add a small tin of tuna and some sweetcorn, add a table spoon of extra light mayonnaise, (you can skip the mayo if you want to reduce calories down further) mix it all together. you can eat it hot or cold and is good with salad. There are extra things you can add if you are adventurous like peppers etc let the imagination go:bigsmile: :bigsmile: