Starving to death!!!

Options
I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for the last 3 months and have not had many problems sticking to it. But, for some reason I am starving today. I am at work and there are not many good calorie choices around me. Any suggestions.

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Eat something.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Snickers Satisfies.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    there are not many good calorie choices around me. Any suggestions.

Yes, choose one of of the few good choices!

Otherwise just take a day off. It's a long old journey.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    popcorn? veggies/fruits? Sorry have no idea what's available to you... if there is a grocery store nearby see if you can pick up some healthy snacks
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Eat some food! 1200 calories is a very small amount of food.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    use your lunch break to take a brisk walk someplace where you can purchase grub!
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    although I love the snickers idea best.. I was thinking a lean protein and complex carb. Wait 2 hours, if still hungry, then repeat. And water of course... I add tons of it when I'm hungry. Hope that helps.. being hungry really sucks!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Consider upping your calories by a couple hundred. Are you set to lose 2 pounds per week?
  • SulliedSocks
    SulliedSocks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fill up on water until you can get to another source of food!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I like the Zone Perfect nutrition bars.. I find that foods with a fairly big amount of protein help satisfy my hunger. I typically eat one for breakfast. I'm not sure this will help you at this exact moment, but it may be a good snack to keep on-hand.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Eat! Almonds or up your water intake! Protein always helps keep you more full as well!
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    eat more protein
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    MORE protein! More complex carbs!

I just finished doing 2 weeks of 1200 calories to shake things up a little, and I wasn't hungry at all. I surrounded my meals around lean protein and veggies, kept the sugars and carbs low. There's lots to choose from:

- pretty much any veggie imagineable
    - fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, tofu
    - nuts, peanut butter
    - fruits
    - popcorn, quinoa, brown rice, couscous
    - GREEK YOGURT!!
    - skim milk, cottage cheese

You just have to get creative! Skinnytaste.com has lots of awesome recipes, if you're looking for some inspiration :)
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Gas stations have beef jerky & nuts!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Start packing snacks to take to work.

1200 is not alot.....but you'll get more bang for your proverbial buck if you start eating more fresh produce (fruits and especially veggies).

Take apples and bananas to work. String cheese. Red peppers and hummus dip. Baby carrots. Even popcorn, if you want something more like junk food (I eat popcorn like CRAZY!). Yogurt and frozen fruit mixed together.

The more produce you eat, the more food you can have.

In the meantime, eat something small to take your mind off the hunger. There is no point in being hungry.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Eat some food! 1200 calories is a very small amount of food.

1200 calories is actually recommended for me as well (to lose 1 lb per week). This has inspired me to work out more... so I can eat more :P
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Do a bunch of Kegels at your desk, log it as exercise then you'll have enough cals for a snickers!!! :flowerforyou: