Have almost reached my goal....last ten!! Suggestions??

Options
Suggestions on how to lose those last pest-y 10 pounds? ANYTHING would be helpful! I have lost 25 lbs so far, every pound gets harder and harder to lose. Let me know what 'ya think :)

Thank you!!

Replies

• JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Google Zig zagging calories
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Take it really slowly. I lost 25 lbs in about 6 months, and have spent the last 6 months trying to lose the last 7.
  • brookie2983
    brookie2983 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    what is zig zag?
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Just keep exercising and eating right. I also have my last few pounds to lose. Best of luck to you in meeting your goal!!:smile:
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat - i swear if i go off my diet for one second i gain 5 lbs back. it's ridiculous! i'm stuck hovering around 130 and can't seem to make any progress...
  • brookie2983
    Options
    Take it really slowly. I lost 25 lbs in about 6 months, and have spent the last 6 months trying to lose the last 7.

Also took me 6 months to lose 25 :)
  • Jaydensmommy7110
    Options
    I'm sure you've already tried this but it's probably the best way to do it would be to up your exorcise so if your going twice a week for 1.5 hrs then go three or four times at the same time or go three days and up it another half hr change up the routine is usually a good way to do it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a small caloric deficit of no more than 250 cals/day (a goal of 0.5lbs/week), 0.7 to 1 gram of protein per lb of Lean body mass (or 0.6 -0,7 grams per pound of goal weight), and a heavy lifting strength training program to retain the muscle you have.

The less you have to lose the more likely you are to lose lean muscle, a heavy lifting program while ingesting enough protein while on a small caloric deficit will help retain that muscle.
  • brookie2983
    Options
    I'm sure you've already tried this but it's probably the best way to do it would be to up your exorcise so if your going twice a week for 1.5 hrs then go three or four times at the same time or go three days and up it another half hr change up the routine is usually a good way to do it.

Good advise! Tnx
  • brookie2983
    Options
    I would suggest a small caloric deficit of no more than 250 cals/day (a goal of 0.5lbs/week), 0.7 to 1 gram of protein per lb of Lean body mass (or 0.6 -0,7 grams per pound of goal weight), and a heavy lifting strength training program to retain the muscle you have.

The less you have to lose the more likely you are to lose lean muscle, a heavy lifting program while ingesting enough protein while on a small caloric deficit will help retain that muscle.

Thank you!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have 15 left to go myself.

I managed to maintain over the winter months. Now with the spring weather arriving it is time to get back on my bike and ride off the balance!

I also ate a little too much over the winter. I found it hard to stay on deficit during the cold winter months. Now back to salads, yogurt, fruit & nuts!

As for suggestions. Keep at the 0.5 - 1lb per week target. It adds up fast!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It took me six months to lose 25 lbs. Now Im working on the last nine. Ive actually increased my calories over the last three weeks and lost 2lbs. Im hoping that keeps up since previously I was barely squeaking by with not quite half a pound a week.
    Im still experimenting.
    But like fteale said Im giving myself six months for this last nine and if it happens earlier I will be so happy :)

Edited to add that my calorie deficit is only 90 calories (according to MFP), Ive been lifting weights using Chalean Extreme DVDs and am just starting Insanity.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also have about ten more pounds to lose. I think it can be really tempting to give up with the last ten (it is for me). Just keep doing what you're doing, but enjoy yourself so you don't get off track and let things go slow. It might take a couple months, but with dedication it will happen. :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    go slow, set it to lose 1/2 lb per week and be extra patient.

Then, when you get there, do NOT bounce your calories up to maintenance level all at once. I did this and I gained back 6 lbs in 5 days.

(oh that was just water weight)............ (no it wasn't it took five weeks to get it back off)

Enter maintenance slowly, adding 50-100 calories each week until you adjust.

Congratulations on being so close!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I dont know, I'm still working on the last 8-10 myself. All i can say is DON'T GIVE UP. You're already over 70% done!
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds over the course of 2 months, then it slowed down to about 0.5 pound a week(7 pounds from first goal), seems the closer you get to where your body wants to be the harder it is to get the last few pounds off.