Clothes

Options
havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
I went shopping last night because once again I have baggy clothes. I tried a blouse on that was a size 16, a size I have not been since I was in grade 10 ( I am now 47 years old). The blouse fit and even looked great on me!!! My daughter was with me giving me high 5s!

Replies

• ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    Wow well done:drinker: :glasses: I bet thats a great feeling:happy: I have noticed looking at a picture of myself from may comparing myself now that I am losing weight:bigsmile:
  • mrsschoondog
    mrsschoondog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congatulations! What a great feeling to know and see that your hard work is paying off. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's a great reward for your dedication and an inspiration to us all! Thanks for posting that!
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    The high 5's are well deserved....Congrats! Here's my vertual HIGH5:happy:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

You look great by the way!!!

Memaw
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    That is fantastic and it is great that your daughter is supporting u all the way.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Vicky, you look fantastic! You've come so far!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!

I am hating clothese right now.............

I recently went from a size ex-large down to a large.............

Today I am wearing a wide strapped tank top in a size large and it fits great from the waist to the bottom of the shirt............The problem is, it is already too big up at the top from the shoulders to the boob area, it is too big........

I am losing weight from the head down apparantly, even though my aunt told me she sees a BIG difference from the stomach and leg area, I am only seeing it up in the arm, shoulder, boob area......

It is making my clothes fit or not fit very awkwardly.
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!:flowerforyou: THIS IS AWESOME!

I just got down to a size 11 in jeans which i have not been since I had my son 2 years ago! Infact a 13 fit very snug back then...It feels awesome and is sooo motivating.

I understand what you mean when you say you get new clothes and then they don't fit I am having the same issue...

I had gotten to a size 14 which i have 5 pair of lovely jeans in that are baggy and funny looking on me now:sad: :happy: (bitter sweet isn't it)

I am thinking of getting just stretchy pants that will last me until i get closer to my ideal weight:bigsmile:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    find you a GOOD seamstress and let them become your BEST friend! especially when its an outfit you really like or its a new outfit and its already too big....if you get a good seamstress they can hem/take up/take in/ WAY more than they can let out...sure it costs money, but so does buying new clothes!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know what a great feeling it is to buy smaller size clothes. :happy: You're doing a great job and you look wonderful. Give your daughter a big hug for being so supportive. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!