NSV for me!

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
A year ago yesterday, my fiance and I went to a state park. To get to the little beach we were going to, we had to walk about a mile. I had to stop every few minutes. I was out of breath, sweating, and my legs were on fire. Today, however, I took a walk to a local grocery store, which is about a mile round trip. I managed to make it there and back without stopping OR getting out of breath! I was sweating a bit and my heart rate was up, but I wasn't struggling and my legs were only mildly sore :) I'm proud of myself!

Replies

• ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    That is beautiful!! It's good to know you are getting stronger and the scale is not the best indicator of that...WTG!!!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Go you! :D
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    NICE! Keep it up! Love hearing stories like this.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ..that's the best part...seeing how far you have come in a year...congrats!
  • LoveAngie23
    Options
    That's excellent! You are doing great :bigsmile:
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Fantastic My Dear! Keep up the great work!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! :) and next time you go to the beach it will be a lovely walk for you :) Keep up the great work!
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    It is the small NSV that really bring it home for us. Congrats on your and you should be proud of yourself!!!

This morning when I was getting dressed for work, I realized the belt my sister gave me at Christmas that was almost too small, now is being buckled in the last whole.

Am I proud of me? You bet ya I am. These small victories are what keep us motivated thanks for sharing yours.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    It is the small NSV that really bring it home for us. Congrats on your and you should be proud of yourself!!!

This morning when I was getting dressed for work, I realized the belt my sister gave me at Christmas that was almost too small, now is being buckled in the last whole.

Am I proud of me? You bet ya I am. These small victories are what keep us motivated thanks for sharing yours.

That's awesome! :) Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!