5'9" 189lbs working towards that bikini bod!

Options
2»

Replies

• Talula68
    Talula68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hi - 5' 10" and started off at 172. I would definately agree that us tall girls hide the weight easier. The amount of people that say "you're never that big"!! But yes I am - unfortunately!! Would ideally like to lose about 12lbs - why is it always sooo difficult to lose the weight though?!?!?:ohwell:
  • HeidiDater
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and yes, the weight can really creep up on you. I'm in early menopause and nothing was helping. Dieting, exercising, etc. I am currenting going to a weight loss center and that has really been helping. My goal is to get to 160. The weight loss center said a healthy BMI at 5'10" is 146 but I think that is way too thin for me.

Good luck to you, I wish you success!
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and 5' 8". I have never been a "skinny" girl but had atleast had an athletic build. Since having my 1st child 7yrs ago my weight has creeped up in a scary way. I knew I wasn't comfortable but I had never been overly impressed with my looks even when I was smaller...so I guess it was easier to ignore? My heaviest weight was Nov 2010. When the personal trainer weighed me in I was at a frightening 235lbs. I did a couple of hours with her but was embarassed by my lack of mobility & strength.

I traded Pepsi for water afterNew years and forced myself to go to sleep by midnight (much easier to do once the caffeine was out of the system). Finally I started my first ever gym membership in May 2011. I found out I dropped down to 215 which gave me a confidence boost to get started. I got a gym budy and we planned to try new things. We both were scared to try yoga on our own so we started together....We are now faithful's and really look forward to our Wed. evenings. April - November I hadn't lost a single pound and started to feel defeated. (I lost inches ...but I didn't notice as much as everyone else did....gotta love how our brains work)... I slowed to almost a complete stop on my gym participation :(

Until I was out shopping for christmas and got trying on some clothes. And holy hell I needed smaller sizes :happy:
    My faith was restored!
    I vowed once Christmas chaos was settled I was heading back to the gym!
    It wasn't easy to return. I lost a LOT of stamina by taking 5 weeks off...all the progress I didn't realize I made was surely missed.
    Jan 1st I joined a FB event "30 for 40 days challenge". I was committing to 30mins of exercise everyday for the first 40 days of 2012. On Jan 9th 2012 I was FB'ing away and noticed people discussing MFP and I curiously checked it out.....and fell in love! Finally I found a program I could easily understand and would fit into my lifestyle. I logged everything I ate for a few days and realized "WOW! I'm an idiot!" ....Although I didn't eat terribly I ate entirely too much. Seeing everything I was doing right in front of me made it easier to make adjustments and I was soon seeing/feeling results. I have lost 15lbs in the last 10 weeks but I have GAINED so much confidence and momentum :love:
  • roadworthy
    roadworthy Posts: 130
    Options
    Hello and welcome:)

I am not tall however, I do have PCOS. I started the weightloss journey on January 25th. I was weighing 224 lbs then. Today I weighed in at 214 lbs. I don't think that is too bad all things considered. I am not on any medication. I have tried to just make healthier choices and increase my activity. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want:)
  • macpheb
    macpheb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Woww! Thanks guys and girls what a great response - everyones weightloss is so inspiring :) looking forward to this journey and glad I've found a few friends to moan to along the way haha x
  • Keleye
    Keleye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'8. I dont have PCOS. Last January I had lost 15 pounds in one month, on a 1200 calorie diet, light exercise and I was feeling pretty good at 142 lbs.
    Then I got pregnant in February. I had my baby in Oct. 2011. I had gained 54 lbs. Lost only 16 lbs after the baby.
    My weight went no where. Very frustrating!! :sad:
    So as of January 2012, I started my "diet" at 180 pounds. I put myself back on the low calorie diet (1200 calories). As of today, I have lost 18 lbs.
    I dont exercise too much. I try to do a little walking but thats about it. For the most part, I am on my butt at work.
    This may not be the best advice but it's helping me. I do a colon cleanse for about 10 days then take a break and start it up again.

I just bought that Safslim oil yesterday, which by the way tastes pretty good, like a dreamsicle. Let's see if that helps my little baby belly. :tongue: