Seem stuck at 297 - Need advice on what I can later in my di

Options
So just before lent, I decided to stop drinking soda. I have done it before, but relapsed. over the next 3 weeks i dropped about 13 pounds, along with an alteration of my diet and getting on MFP.

So 1st I love this app, and it really makes me watch those extra calories. in order to get down to my caloric intake goal (1970) I made some adjustments to what I eat drank before and what I do now.

Before Now
Soda Water and Crystal light
Ground Beef Ground Turkey
Fast Food Lunch Healthier leftovers and Deli sandwiches
Soccer once a week Soccer + Exercise 3 times a week cardio
Cappachino Coffee Black
Breakfast Sandwich (McD's etc) Dry Cereal (Cheerios multi grain) in a cup and Oatmeal (cinnamon sugar)

I also have a long commute, where I am in the car for 120 miles (which can be up to 3 hours in rush hour).

My biggest issue is that to make up for commute time i eat fast and grab what I can, so I can have time with my kids when I get home.

So the last week, I have been stuck at 297. I know I am not supposed to be worried about that, but when you used to weigh 310 and want to get back down to a healthier 210, its depressing.

What kind of food alterations can i make that is fast and east to take with? Also if Crystal light bad for you? I use them all of the time, and wondering if it would be better to just drink plain water without flavor.

Replies

• stephhart72
    Options
    Hey AJ... Drink LOTS of water... like at least 64 oz a day, maybe more. Especially when you exercise!
  • Lose25now
    Lose25now Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, you would be better off to bring a sandwhich and fruits for the ride home, then buying on the run which can have lots of calories. If you really need to buy fast food look up some of the sandwhiches and make a list of calorie safe ones. I know Sub-way can be safe or nasty if you don't plan first. Some friends of mine make a baggy of things like Cereal, healthy granola to pick on with a bottle of water. I drink 96 oz of water with crystal light in it every day, so safe. Good luck
  • ajwittenbrink
    ajwittenbrink Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The formatting did not come across. Since i started I have not eaten fast food, i know that was a big culprit.

Here is the formatted lsit, so it looks better:

Before…………………………………………………… Now
    Soda ……………………………………………………….Water and Crystal light
    Ground Beef ………………………………………….Ground Turkey
    Fast Food Lunch ………………………………………Healthier leftovers and Deli sandwiches
    Soccer once a week…………………………………. Soccer + Exercise 3 times a week cardio
    Cappuccino……………………………………….…….. Coffee Black
    Breakfast Sandwich (McD's etc)………………. Dry Cereal (Cheerios multi grain) in a cup and Oatmeal (cinnamon sugar)