Exercising in your office

Options
I just purchased Insanity and am trying desperately to stick with it and keep on schedule. Though 2 days in and I'm already having trouble squeezing it in. I normally go for runs at a local park during my lunch break (when I have my dog with me, yes my office is dog friendly :) . But when I don't have her with me, I take her for a run after work and there is no way I can do Insanity after work AND go for a run with my dog. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am not a morning person and consistently waking up at 6am to do an hour workout in the morning takes a toll on me and de-motivates me.

I brought Insanity with me to work today in hopes of possibly being able to do it during my lunch break in my office. Yes I have a door on my office but it is a glass paned door which means you can see into my office.

Has anyone else done an exercise video or worked out in their office?? I don't care if people think I look silly, but I also want to be respectful of my co-workers and not freak them out.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• FoodAllergyQueen
    Options
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I do some exercises at work... though not a video (I don't have the capabilities)... and a co-worker that sees me, will sometimes snicker... but other than that it's not a big deal.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Three times a day I close my office door and do the following:

25 X PUSHUPS
    20 X SQUATS
    20 X BENCH DIPS
    50 X TOE RAISES
    20 X BENT KNEE CRUNCH L
    20 X BENT KNEE CRUNCH R
    25 REVERSE CRUNCHES
    25 SITUPS

It takes me 7 minutes and it will eventually grow.

Yeah, it's sometimes embarrassing when people come to the door, but most have the good sense to come back in a few minutes.

I have however been handed Travel Requests while lying flat on my back.

It's up to you to make it a regular thing that they know about and respect.
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    OMG you are a hero if you do. Totally no shame.

But otherwise, most people will think you are mental!

I have been doing P90X for 60 days and my fiancee thinks I look mental doing it. I even saw our upstairs neighbour doing something similar through the window one night and I realised how crazy it looks.

You are a braver person than I or almost anyone i know!!
  • FoodAllergyQueen
    Options
    Thanks guys! Well I decided I am going to give it a go and see what happens...worst case scenario their initial reaction will turn into jealousy! LOL

I'm fairly new at work, started 4 months ago, and we have a very open, casual 12 person office so I didn't want to "overstep" my boundaries but I can deal with a few snickers here and there and maybe some of them will join me!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I just purchased Insanity and am trying desperately to stick with it and keep on schedule. Though 2 days in and I'm already having trouble squeezing it in. I normally go for runs at a local park during my lunch break (when I have my dog with me, yes my office is dog friendly :) . But when I don't have her with me, I take her for a run after work and there is no way I can do Insanity after work AND go for a run with my dog. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am not a morning person and consistently waking up at 6am to do an hour workout in the morning takes a toll on me and de-motivates me.

I brought Insanity with me to work today in hopes of possibly being able to do it during my lunch break in my office. Yes I have a door on my office but it is a glass paned door which means you can see into my office.

Has anyone else done an exercise video or worked out in their office?? I don't care if people think I look silly, but I also want to be respectful of my co-workers and not freak them out.

Any suggestions?

Grab your laptop and find an empty office/conference room/janitor's closet, etc. Pop in the DVD & do it. If not, ask about getting some mini blinds....or just rock it out!!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Fling a towel over the door and no one needs to know. Do it! Get on it!... I work on a construction site in a trailer....I do have an office but I couldnt even imagine what it would sound like if i were to do it.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I do desk pushups, squats, and calf raises once an hour during the workday.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I have a group called office olymipics, we do a workout every day at the office, something small and doable at work.
  • FoodAllergyQueen
    Options
    I ended up managing to do 30 of the 40 minutes of Insanity in my office during lunch! I put a mat down so nobody could hear my less than graceful self jumping around...AND tomorrow some gals in my office are going to join in.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I ended up managing to do 30 of the 40 minutes of Insanity in my office during lunch! I put a mat down so nobody could hear my less than graceful self jumping around...AND tomorrow some gals in my office are going to join in.

That is Awesome