Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
Ok MFP Peaps! I keep hearing about people doing the 30 day shred from jillian Michaels. Who's done it and what do you think about it? How does it work. I'm hesitant to buy a work out DVD since i go to the gym so much (i work at one) so are these work outs i can do at the gym?

Replies

• madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You can watch it on youtube ;)
  • zoeypoey
    zoeypoey Posts: 4
    Options
    Ibought the dvd and it does work, Had to give up after five days though.....as found out I was pregnant, but felt everything was starting to tighten up!
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 and loving it so far, starting to feel a little less motivated but that will pass. I've also been carrying on with my usual workouts / swimming sessions and am achy so I hope its all working! Gillian is good cos she works you hard and says it like it is!
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    ps You could do it at the gym if you have a dvd player there, but you do really need to watch it, It only takes 20 minutes so I've been doing it the second I get in from the gym before I have a shower.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I bought the dvd for £5, didn't hold much hope out tbh but i've been doing it off and on for about 8 weeks now & i've lost 12lb and 15 inches off my body. I'd say go for it as it doesn't cost much, it's 26 minutes for each level & your going to see results at the end! Good luck :)
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do the shred at the gym -but that's because I feel like I'd look uber stupid if I did!
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've completed all 30 Days of this programme, and i can say its def worth a go :) - I had excellent results, only lost 3lbs in total, but have built muscle and i've lost inches. :)
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    It's awful, but in a good way. Jillian hates me a lot, but only in a loving way (I say, generously).

I like the blend of strength, cardio and abs. I don't like the sweating and gasping.
  • Ashmeistar
    Options
    I did it for the first time last night and liked it. I used it as a warm up before pole training (I did level one). I might continue to use it as a warm up and use levels 2/3 as a morning work out, depending on how I get on with them. I have to say the shoulder press squats were great, my shoulders ached!
  • lovepink87
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think i'm going to try it. I'm trying to loose atleast 20lbs before my little sisters wedding in August so fingers crossed!
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight the first time around, it helped TONS! I LOVE Jillians DVD's, I feel naked if I'm missing a DVD. IMO, they are all pretty effective.