Bikram Yoga...aka hot yoga

Options
I did this today. 90min class. Hot. Hard. Awesome.

I came home and searched for caloric calculators for this specific type of yoga. At my weight, for a 90min class, I burned........
1300 calories!!!:noway:

But even better than that...I came out of class feeing relaxed, massaged, and unpolluted. It was such an awesome feeling (during the class, it was more like...holy hell hotness batman! :laugh:)

Replies

• GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    I did this today. 90min class. Hot. Hard. Awesome.

I came home and searched for caloric calculators for this specific type of yoga. At my weight, for a 90min class, I burned........
    1300 calories!!!:noway:

But even better than that...I came out of class feeing relaxed, massaged, and unpolluted. It was such an awesome feeling (during the class, it was more like...holy hell hotness batman! :laugh:)
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try it but there aren't any classes near me! Darn!
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So here's my question.....

Do you now eat that extra 1300 calories? or just eat a few more and call it a day? I get confused when I excercise hard, how do I eat? I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. What do you guys do?
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I love Bikram!!!! :love:
    I have actually seen ranges of calories burned from 600-1300, sorry to be a wet blanket. I would see how you are meeting your goals depending on the amount of calories you choose to count it as and adjust accordingly.
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    I love Bikram!!!! :love:
    I have actually seen ranges of calories burned from 600-1300, sorry to be a wet blanket. I would see how you are meeting your goals depending on the amount of calories you choose to count it as and adjust accordingly.

It wouldn't surprise me if I burned the 1300 they said. I can burn 800 in about 70min w/o working nearly as hard as I did in that Yoga class.

But I agee...about the amount of calories you choose to replace. I listened to my body and if I was really hungry, I ate...I didn't eat all the workout cals for SURE..but that's OK for me!! I'm still playing catch up from being sick for 2weeks :(