hello I to am new as of today

Options
I am in a wheelchair due to being hit by a car so of course I have gained mega weight :frown:

And now I find this site... and it really looks quite interesting.. so why not it surely can't hurt anything right? I use to be 118... and am topping the scale at 370 sucks and it hurts.. I did the gastric bypass thingy and lost a whopping 30 pounds..... ummm no comment on this surgery.. but it sure hurt like heck..... ok so day no.1 one day at a time right? I love writing so keep in touch and I will do the same.. oh by the way I am a granny age 56 this month....... age is not a factor .. its part of living.. you are as young as you feel...... and with the rain in Maine........... I hurt like a son of..biscuit.........

Trena

Replies

• eurestemari
    Options
    welcome to the site. Its really an awesome site. :smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    welcome dear! :flowerforyou:
  • razeberry
    razeberry Posts: 9
    Options
    thank you....... :happy:
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcomezz!!
  • razeberry
    Options
    thank you very much and hopefully one day I will have that ruler that says I have lost yeahhh :glasses:
  • MrBinkerton
    MrBinkerton Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome! Hello!!

Just want to say that this website is amazing and everyone on here is very supportive. You will really love it! There is a lot of good information on this website, as well!

You can do this! The food tracker makes it sooo easy to see what your putting into your body. and You can do anything you set your mind too.

I wish you luck on your journey!
  • DDarkvader
    Options
    You say you are in a wheelchair. What mobility do you have?
  • razeberry
    Options
    thank you very much what a nice welcome to come in to my life...... super duper and yes I am corny :laugh:
  • razeberry
    Options
    I am in the new and improved scooter you see on tv... and yes I do donuts in the parking lot in the winter as my activity :wink:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I recommend using the food diary to log everything that you eat. Also if you are in a wheelchair I would recommned starting with some handweights to get your arms working. If you give us more information if you are able to walk for a short amount of time, etc, we can give you some more tips. Congrats on making the decision to be healthy.
  • razeberry
    Options
    thank you very much
  • razeberry
    Options
    actually yes I do use the arm weights I use the 4 pounders and I do have muscle there. kinda sorta big. not very pretty.........
  • Creamybuterfly
    Options
    I was down with knee surgery in April and my trainer worked with me with upper body and core. It was great, even though I could not use my lower body. Now I am working out in the water, because the knee hurst something awful I have bone on bone. I also use the recumbent bike when I am out of the water.

Do what you can and never give up on you!
  • razeberry
    Options
    great incentive..... I don't want to give up on me either.. it seems everyone else has.. I just know I am stronger then the food.......... after all I live and breath and food is just a mere obstacle that I put in my mouth..... I am a food addict and I know it......
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Think of food as fuel! You need to provide your body with the necessary nutrients to keep it going. I try to think this way and it helps overall.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site! I'm sure you will find, as I have found, that people here are super supportive and ultra knowledgeable!!!

I'm glad you're here!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.

there are people here with great ideas for working out even with mobility issues---there are lots of solutions on MFP:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

This is a great place for fun & motivation!

Cheers to your success! :drinker: :bigsmile: