Disappointed

Options
Ok here's the scenario, I am not very active, desk job and quiet life (not on purpose) I am on a 1200 calorie a day regimen, drinking protein shakes twice a day (replacing meals) adding frozen fruit (as it calls for) since january 27 I have lost 16.5 pounds, that was on a 1410 calorie a day that I had major trouble reaching my goal, now at 1200, the hunger urge hits around 8pm, also I go to Planet Fitness almost every day and walk the tread mill at least a mile and usually more, I do the circuit 2-3 times a week. I have only lost a inch and a half, I cant really eat a whole lot more due to my schedule unless its evening time, My diary is open (I believe) not sure if it matters I am 48, Thanks

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. You're doing a great job :smile:
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open.
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Your doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You should try HIIT. On the treadmill try starting at like a level 4 for one minute, 4.5 for one min then level 5,level 5.5,level 6. then start back at the beginning. Do this 4 times and you've done HIIT for 20 mins. Obviously you can up the levels at whatever skills you are at. But it works your body harder than walking at a steady pace. Best of Luck!
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options
    Your diary isn't open.
    Its open now so sorry, was on friends only
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a good job. I can't see your diary, but if you are making the right choices with your food and doing all you say you are then it will happen. Have patience!

ALso, make sure you are drinking water. Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! It will fill you, give you more energy, and help boost that metabolism!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you aren't progressing (plateau) maybe shake up your workout routine. Your muscles will get "used": to the work out and adjust accordingly rendering them ineffective. Maybe add some weights, change the incline or speed, walk backwards, find another machine to get your cardio in?
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options
    You should try HIIT. On the treadmill try starting at like a level 4 for one minute, 4.5 for one min then level 5,level 5.5,level 6. then start back at the beginning. Do this 4 times and you've done HIIT for 20 mins. Obviously you can up the levels at whatever skills you are at. But it works your body harder than walking at a steady pace. Best of Luck!

I never thought of that, I do get my HR up good and before finishing get a bit lower, thanks Ill let you know how I do (if 6 doesn't kill me!) :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary and it look like you might be starving yourself! Lots of days, you come in under 1000 calories. My guess is that your body is trying its hardest to hold onto every single calorie you're feeding it.

Try eating more! I'm a few years younger than you (40) and I don't think there was a single day that I ate less than 1600 calories - and often I ate over 2000 a day. I still lost weight easily - over 50 pounds in about eight months.

You might try eating more fresh vegetables and fruit. Vegetables look very rare in your current diet. They're good for you and most of them are loaded with fiber, which should help you feel a little fuller.

Also, I would suggest you find a way to fit a little more intense exercise into your schedule. I have a 100% sedentary, indoor desk job. I get up a few times a day and run up and down the stairwells in my building. I found (according to my heart rate monitor) that I was burning over 200 extra calories a day just by take a few short fitness breaks in my workday.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In the past 2 weeks you've hit 1200 maybe twice. Most days you don't even eat 1000 calories. That's the problem.
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a good job. I can't see your diary, but if you are making the right choices with your food and doing all you say you are then it will happen. Have patience!

ALso, make sure you are drinking water. Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! It will fill you, give you more energy, and help boost that metabolism!

I drink ALOT of water lol, and I opened my diary making it public, so maybe you can see it now.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can't help but notice the lack of fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, grains, and natural proteins from your diet. Is there a reason you switched to protein shakes/bars as meal replacements instead of consuming full meals? Also, is your water count accurate, because it seems really low. It might be that your body is craving nutrients not provided by the shakes.
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options
    In the past 2 weeks you've hit 1200 maybe twice. Most days you don't even eat 1000 calories. That's the problem.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more!!! You have got to eat your target number plus exercise calories. You will start losing when you eat them and the extra calories will support your weight loss so you will have firm skin and not be skinny fat.
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options
    It seems by the time I get home its 8 or 9 pm, Maybe Im wrong in thinking eating then is worse than not eating? Thanks everyone!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Start eating more! It looks like most days you're netting around 1000 calories, you want to at least net 1200 and since you're goal is 1400 *same as mine!* you should try and get as close to that number as you can. Other then that it looks like you're doing a good job.

ETA: I saw your post about not wanting to eat late. You can eat as late as you want, unless you don't sleep well when you're overfilled or something, it won't affect your ability to lose weight :-) I try to plug in my exercise calories early in the day so I can look ahead and see what I need to eat during the day so I'm not stuffing myself at night. You can try eating some foods that are still healthy but have more calories. I like to use nuts and chocolate milk as fillers when I'm low on calories for a day but not really very hungry any more.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You need to ditch the shakes and try eating some real food.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It seems by the time I get home its 8 or 9 pm, Maybe Im wrong in thinking eating then is worse than not eating? Thanks everyone!

It actually doesn't matter when you eat. Your body still needs the calories, regardless of the time of day. :-) If you prefer not to eat late, make sure your earlier meals are larger and more nutritious. That will give you extra fuel for your evening workouts.
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    you're not eating any real food! almost everything on your diary is processed. try feeding yourself something more nutritious and stay within calorie goals.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I cant really eat a whole lot more due to my schedule unless its evening time

So eat in the evening time. Or if for some reason you're not down with that, eat higher calorie foods during the day.