Insanity every other day

Options
Currently I am doing the C25K 3 times pr. week (I am in week 3), weight training for 30-40 minutes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, running + abs Thursday and different stuff Friday. (This is for my gym-class in school).

I want to start insanity too, and I did the Fit test yesterday - same day as we did legs in school (drop-set squats, lunges, machines etc.) and that was definitely too much for my legs.

So do you think I can do Insanity every other day (the day where I am not running) so I don't end up having to run, do insanity and hard weight lifting at the same day.

Will insanity still have an effect?

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    For one of my previous half marathons I did Insanity and only ran 1 day a week. Just my opinion, but Insanity is pretty intense, I'd probably not do running, weights and insanity all the same days or time... that said, I believe C25K is a beginning running program to help you start running. If it were me - I'd do insanity AFTER you complete C25K so to avoid over training.
  • That is why I was thinking doing insanity on some days and running on the others. But thank you!
  • bump :D
  • No one knows about it?
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I run and lift 3x a week and do insanity on Tuesday and thursdays. I did the whole program. Now I'm just doing it to supplement.
  • So is it alright to do it as a supplement, even though I haven't completed it yet?
  • LKinnos
    LKinnos Posts: 9
    Options
    Exercise is exercise. You'll be stronger and fitter if you do it every other day.

I love Insanity for the way it makes me feel so kick *kitten*... but I don't do it every day... I don't think the body needs that much exercise unless your looking for a quick fix.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I don't do it every day either. I do it 2-3 times a week and lift heavy (for me) or do Spartacus 2.0 2-4 days per week. I workout hard 5x per week, take one day completely off and do walking and some light yoga or stretching on another day. I loosely based my rotation off the P90X/ Insanity hybrid, but I adapted it to fit my needs and to eliminate the P90X workouts. As someone else said, Insanity is just exercise. Make it work for you. If you want to do the program as written in the future, you can do that too.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I do it every other day - and then ChaLean Extreme on the other days. Seems to be working for me and I can definitely tell the improvement in my cardio.

Here's the schedule: http://www.findtheburn.com/chalean-extreme-and-insanity-hybrid-schedule/

You could use it for knowing which Insanity workouts to do on your non-run days...