Hello All! First MFP Post

Options
Hi! I'm Cassandra, and I am in trouble. I have fallen off the wagon and really need some help getting back on. I started the new year out with such enthusiasm, and lost 12lbs in January. In February, I "celebrated" and gained 6 lbs back. And in March, I just gave up. I know I need to do this and I want to make a change, but I have next to no support system. My husband is also obese and has ZERO motivation to do this with me. I guess I'm just looking for a nudge to get me going back in the right direction, or some helpful tips for how to avoid binging. I'm 5'8" I currently weigh 227.4, and I ultimately want to get down to around 158.

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • holyguacamole
    holyguacamole Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, want to tell me how you figured out how to post a topic so fast? I've been on here ages and still haven't managed to!!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    this post has officially put you back on the wagon, if your determined you will do it ...

Im 5'6

Ive lose 28lbs pre MFP (stopped my diet and maintained the weight for a year)
    since joining MFP 2 weeks ago I have lost 4 lbs
    I have 22 left to go

feel free to add me :)
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    12 lbs in January is awsome!! Give yourself other rewards when you do so great in a month like pedicure or something. Try not to celebrate with food. If you are going to indugle have a cheat meal not a cheat day/weekend. I find that if I eat healthy I dont crave bad foods but when I eat a little candy/bad carbs I dont want to stop eating. Also try drinking alot of water. It helps me from not snacking all day. Hope this helps. Dont give up. You can do it! You did so well in January.. Add me and we can support each other..
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    hi cassandra. good luck on ur future sucess - im sure u will have them here. ;o)
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hey, want to tell me how you figured out how to post a topic so fast? I've been on here ages and still haven't managed to!!

Go to "community" then "message boards" choose which forum you want to post in and click on that ... then at the top right you will see a link for "new topic" ... hope that made sense.
  • CaSome11
    CaSome11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, everyone. :)
  • CaSome11
    CaSome11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    12 lbs in January is awsome!! Give yourself other rewards when you do so great in a month like pedicure or something. Try not to celebrate with food. If you are going to indugle have a cheat meal not a cheat day/weekend. I find that if I eat healthy I dont crave bad foods but when I eat a little candy/bad carbs I dont want to stop eating. Also try drinking alot of water. It helps me from not snacking all day. Hope this helps. Dont give up. You can do it! You did so well in January.. Add me and we can support each other..

I was giving myself "Free Sundays", no gym and eating whatever. I figured I "deserved" it. A pedicure sounds like a much better alternative. Thank you so much.