Looking to gain 16+ Pounds

Options
Anyone else trying to gain weight?

Add me, it is nice to share ideas and such :)

I am 5'10 and weigh 134.9, my goal weight is 150lbs .. so not too heavy but a significant difference.

I am in a matter of days going to start the 5*5 stronglifts program, which will hopefully help me gain some weight.

I consume around 2800 cals a day (inc exercise cals)

Replies

• paleojamie
    paleojamie Posts: 191
    Options
    I know it is a weight loss site, but there must be some people trying to gain weight :)

I can't find a good weight gain community.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    check the bodybuidling.com forums there are tons of groups about gaining, cutting, and eveything in between
  • paleojamie
    Options
    I know but I love this site, and plus it is really handy looking at others diaries to get ideas and stuff :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's not just for weight loss, although that's what many of us are here for. Ultimately, it's all about getting in great shape! I don't have much advice for you since I'm not trying to gain, I'm trying to lose about 15% of my body fat right now, but welcome!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Have my 16lbs spare!
  • holyguacamole
    holyguacamole Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous!! Wish I was trying to gain! :(
  • paleojamie
    Options
    thanks guys :) Yeah I suppose it is about getting in shape

Losing weight and gaining weight are the same in a respect, I mean they are both to meet personal goals and to make us look and feel better :)
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    check the bodybuidling.com forums there are tons of groups about gaining, cutting, and eveything in between

1253885876_suicide.gif

Don't do it! Just look up good full workouts, 5x5's Starting Strength and eat. BB.com will just have you taking waxy maize 37.23443 seconds after u lift.
  • SqautsAndOats
    Options
    Yeah its called a bulk...hamburger helper, tuna, salmon, chicken, chilli, these will all help you get big
  • sprite68
    sprite68 Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sure I've seen other threads by people who want to put weight on on here somewhere. If being on here helps you, then stick with it. I totally agree that we are all here to improve ourselves for whatever reason in whatever way. Compared to many on here I am looking to lose relatively little - only about half a stone - but I am only 5'2" and finding it difficult to shift even half a pound! Hope you succeed in your goal. xx
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am not attempting to gain weight right but I might do a bulking cycle in the summer. For the next 3 months though I am trying to preserve what lean body mass I have and reducing fat.

Would love to follow your progress now. Add me if you like. We're the same height too.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'd think you'd need quite a bit more to gain. At 4'11 and ~100 pounds I eat that much 2-3x a week and not to gain.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you lift HARD.
    If you dont lift hard, and eat over you will gain weight, but it wont be muscle.
    You can't just go easy and eat over your calories and pack on muscle.
    Good sign, if you are not sore as hell the next day or two, you are not working hard enough.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I know but I love this site, and plus it is really handy looking at others diaries to get ideas and stuff :)

I have noticed a few ppl that were trying to gain weight/muscle Im sure some will show up in this thread for you :) good luck
  • paleojamie
    Options
    I'd think you'd need quite a bit more to gain. At 4'11 and ~100 pounds I eat that much 2-3x a week and not to gain.

really? 2800 is quite a lot to be honest. I mean my maintenance is 2200 .. and I have an extra 250 a day (1750 a week, to gain 0;5lbs a week) and I eat my exercise cals back which takes me to 2800 +
    Options
    How did you calculate your maintenance? It seems rather low to me...you can try it...see what happens.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    How did you calculate your maintenance? It seems rather low to me...you can try it...see what happens.

my fitness pal told me it was 2190 for my age/height/activity level/weight

I think it's right.

if not though I cant afford to eat too much more on a student budget anyway :)
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I would say weight lift... get some muscle going... if you are eating clean, the chances of gaining weight are a bit slim
    Options

my fitness pal told me it was 2190 for my age/height/activity level/weight

I think it's right.

if not though I cant afford to eat too much more on a student budget anyway :)

nonsense--what you're eating will determine the cost. an extra 300 calories isn't going to break the bank.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    I would say weight lift... get some muscle going... if you are eating clean, the chances of gaining weight are a bit slim

I have definitely been gaining (so far) Might need to add more food.

But I feel a little bulkier at least, and shirts are a bit tighter. But I have a long way to go yet, I need to gain at least 16lbs :)